Stationery Lovers, Unite: 5 Brands Every Office Supply Junkie Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When it comes to back to school shopping (and everyday life), I would rather get lost in the magic that is the Target stationery aisle than the chaotic clothing racks of Forever 21. I oftentimes find myself dreaming in a sea of neon-colored Post-It Notes, quality writing utensils and notebooks fully equipped with inspirational quotes on the covers.

If you share my unhealthy addiction to writing utensils and paper goods, consider checking out these brands and products that will bring your workspace to life and make you more inspired than ever to tackle your to-do lists in style:

1. MUJI: For an aesthetically pleasing writing experience

If you are in the market for the perfect pen for note taking and doodling that won’t wimp out on you two weeks into your commitment, you have met your match. MUJI is a Japanese company that offers minimalistic, quality goods, ranging from clothing to houseware items to – of course – stationery, including every color gel pen you could ever imagine, as well as notebooks, calendars and paper pads of all sizes and varieties. MUJI pens are silky smooth, smear-free, colorful and bold, and they are sure to impress even the most particular pen connoisseurs. MUJI has an online shop, U.S. stores in New York and California and locations in other countries.

2. Poppin: Color-coding at its finest

If you think of your workspace as a form of artistic expression (okay, maybe that’s just me), look no further than Poppin’s whimsical yet practical desk supplies. Matching aqua tape dispensers, scissors and staplers? Yes, please. The online store is perhaps best known for offering an array of brightly colored, simple desk supplies, but also features a variety of unique paper goods that are sure to turn heads in the classroom or at your next meeting – such as unique notebooks adorned with metallic details and sleek neon pouches that look more like trendy clutches than pencil cases.

3. Day Designer x Target: Chic supplies that won’t break the bank

The Day Designer agenda brand, which sells some of the pricier planners on the market, now has a line available at Target stores. (*Insert confetti drop here.*) Whether you are on the hunt for a school year calendar you can throw in your backpack or a planner that doubles as a professional padfolio, you will find that the Day Designer products at Target are versatile, sophisticated and customizable for a variety of lifestyles. Bonus: These planners include plenty of room to map out your busy days and weeks (even for those of us with notably large handwriting).

4. May Designs: Customizable books for any project or personality

They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover – but May Designs notebooks may be the exception. May Designs offers completely customizable notebooks that will make your inner paper-lover cry tears of joy. With nearly hundreds of cover designs for any personality, preference or style, May Designs books are beautiful on the outside, and the interior features do not disappoint, either. These notebooks can be made with dotted, lined or unlined paper, as well as calendars, budget planners, caligraphy templates and adult coloring pages. (What has the world come to!?)

5. Erin Condren: Taking planning to the next level

Erin Condren agendas are well-respected in the community of planner lovers. Many students and professionals swear by Erin Condren’s signature system of dividing each day into three sections, which allows for flexible planning and maximum productivity. Erin Condren planners feature inspirational quotes and eye-catching designs, making them fun to look at and even more fun to use. These heavy-duty agendas have even sparked interesting side-businesses; some customers have started creating and selling their own stickers and decorations that fit the planner pages perfectly.

In today’s fast-paced world of quick texts and social media messages, paper goods, pens and stationery items remind us of the lost art of handwritten notes and letters. It may seem like second nature to set a phone reminder to complete a homework assignment, study for a quiz or meet up with a friend for coffee, but it is refreshing to take just a few minutes out of our busy days to jot down our thoughts with our favorite pens and notebook. Being productive doesn’t always have to be boring – here’s to pretty paper goods and fun supplies that make even the most mundane tasks more enjoyable.

Image credit:

https://twitter.com/maydesigns

Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.