Savvy Updates: Mod Podge Picture Frames

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Are your dressers and night tables looking a little drab? This week, I’ll show you a fun and easy crafting project that will for sure be a hit the next time your friends come to visit your posh apartment.

Here’s a list of supplies that you will need to make these cute frames:

• 1 bottle of Mod Podge, a special type of decoupage glue that dries clear
  • Assorted decorative paper
  • Scissors
  • Paintbrushes or sponge brushes
  • Wooden picture frames

Cut the paper to the desired lengths and lay out where you want the design to be on the frame. You can either make a pattern with different papers or use the same paper for the entire frame.

After you’ve laid out your design, begin to apply Mod Podge directly on the frame. Be liberal. Immediately place your paper on top. Be sure to smooth out any wrinkles in the paper! After the paper is where you want it, paint another coat of Mod Podge on top to seal it and protect it.

Let the frame dry for at least an hour before placing a cute photo in it. The best thing about this project is that it will work on an old frame you already have – don’t throw it away, update it! After the sealing has dried, you can also add additional decorations like stickers, rhinestones or even a painted personal message. Have fun with this project – the possibilities are endless!