National Broadcasting Society President Beth Benge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Beth BengeAge: 21Year: juniorMajor: telecommunicationHometown: Coral Springs, FL

Her Campus: What is your position on campus?Beth Benge: “I am the president of National Broadcasting Society and co-founder/executive producer of ChomPics Productions.”

HC: How did you get involved with NBS?BB: “A friend from my hometown, Katie Gillen, was president of NBS my freshman year and encouraged me to check out the organization. It wasn’t until I met Connor Hachey at Relay for Life 2013 that ChomPics was born.”

HC: What is your favorite part of being involved?BB: “Working alongside such talented individuals, especially those who indulge my matchmaking whims.”

HC: And the biggest challenge?BB: “Keeping members motivated and dedicated throughout the entire school year.”

HC: What other things are you involved in on campus?BB: “I am secretary of RUB Films Committee, and I work every day in the UF Journalism and Communications’ equipment room.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?BB: “Working in TV/film/theatre.”

HC: What is your dream job?BB: “Casting Director for Saturday Night Live.”

HC: What are your hobbies?BB: “Singing show tunes 24/7. All day, every day.”

HC: What advice would you give to new students?BB: “Get involved. Go to a club meeting every single night until you find the organization that feels like home.”

HC: What is your favorite memory at UF so far?BB: “ChomPics Productions’ first series, “Off University,” premiered at the Reitz Union Cinema April 19, 2014 to a standing ovation of over 200 people. I definitely teared up seeing so many people enjoy our organization’s labor of love. Though, our second series, “Pressed,” will be premiering on Saturday, April 11 at the Reitz Union Cinema at 7 p.m., so I may have a new favorite memory next week!”