This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I’m a total beauty junkie. Any time I go home, my mom and I browse nail polish and makeup on sale at Walgreens, and I’m a member of the VIB beauty program at Sephora. My love of makeup has allowed me to compile this list of steals and splurges I’ve found over the years.

Splurge: Sephora Make Up For Forever, $39
I know — you’re probably thinking, “$39 for foundation? She’s crazy.” However, I can tell you that one bottle of Sephora’s Mat Velvet + Matifying foundation lasts me for more than four months. I have spent a lot of time and money trying to find a cheap foundation that felt nice and matched my skin, and I had little success. A nice foundation is a good investment that will last a long time.

Steal: Almay Wake Up Concealer, $8
My eyes tend to have bags under them, especially when I’m tired. I love concealer that is refreshing and brightens under the eye. I’ve had a good experience with Almay concealer, and I include it in my daily makeup routine.

Splurge: Urban Decay Naked Palette, $54
This is certainly pricey but beyond worth it. My friend gave me this for my birthday more than two years ago (thanks again, Morgan!), and I still have so much left in it. The wide range of colors allows for the perfect day or night eye, and it stays on really well. Check out this article to see which one of the four types is best for you.  

Steal: e.l.f. Setting Spray, $7
I’d be really surprised if I found a cheaper setting spray than e.l.f.’s. It serves the purpose by keeping foundation and makeup in place to make it through a long day. It feels nice as a finishing touch.

Splurge: Tarte Liquid Liner, $20
I’d searched far and wide for the perfect liquid liner until I came across this. I got it in an eyeliner sampler from Sephora, and it changed the game for me. It goes on so smoothly and lasts longer than any other liquid liner I’ve ever had.

Steal: Simple Facial Wipes, $6
If you have sensitive skin and really sensitive eyes, this is a wonderful product to use. My eyes typically burn while using most makeup removers, but I’ve never had an issue with these. They always leave my skin feeling refreshed.

Splurge: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara, $28  
Lancôme should be expecting a love letter from me any day about this mascara. I had a sample size that lasted more than a month (which is unheard of), and it makes my little eyelashes look like I could have false eyelashes on. How long it lasts balances out the cost.

Steal: Forever 21 Eyelash Curler, $3 
I think eyelash curlers are an underrated tool, and I’m definitely happy with the price of those at Forever 21. I’ve had mine for quite some time and it still works well. Plus, they’re easy to pick up on your next shopping spree.

Splurge: Sephora Lipstick, $14  
I’m calling this a splurge even though I think $14 is a pretty reasonable price because lipstick lasts a long time. Sephora has a great variety of colors, and the lipstick goes on nicely. Not to mention the fact that I’ve never found a red that suits me as well as Sephora’s.

Steal: NYC Quick Dry Nail Polish, $2  
This nail polish does not get enough credit. At a little less than $2, I’m pretty sure I’ve bought just about every shade through the years. And it seriously does dry in a minute, which is perfect when you’re on the run.

These are some of my favorite everyday items, so I hope you find good use out of them, too. As for me, I’m eagerly waiting for my new lipstick to come in the mail from Sephora.

Photo credit: lauralovesbeautyblog.com