Matthew Thornton ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Matthew Thornton                 Age: 21 Major: applied physiology and kinesiology on the pre-med track Hometown: Davie, FL         Height: 5’11” Relationship status: single Favorite movie: Old School or anything with Will Ferrell Favorite song: “Or Nah” by Ty Dolla $ign ft. The Weeknd and Wiz Khalifa Favorite food: steak Cats or dogs? dogs Ideal first date: “A first date doesn’t have to be something crazy in my opinion. I think dinner is a great first date because you get to know a girl and have a conversation with her. Once you get to know her, you can do more interesting things because you learn to know what she enjoys.” Favorite female celebrity: Scarlett Johansson Describe yourself using five words: “Intelligent, driven, funny, kind and a little shy, not once you get to know me though.” Where’s one place you’d like to visit? “I want to travel all through Europe.” What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? “I’m not an extremely romantic person, but I think that small gestures are very romantic. Like cupping a girls face when you kiss her and bringing her something like flowers for no reason at all.”    What’s your biggest fear? “Failure and not being happy.”  Who’s your role model? “My parents are my role models, specifically my dad. If I can be the dad to my children that he has been one day, then I will be happy with myself.” If you had one super power, what would it be? “To be able to control time because we only have so much of it, and I would be able to make the best use of it and correct my mistakes.”  If you found a genie and had to make three wishes, what would they be? “To be successful in my future, to be happy and healthy with my family, and for more wishes.” If you were the ruler of your own country, what would be the first law you would introduce? “The first law I would introduce wouldn’t really be a law, but it would be a program that would help solve child hunger. Too many children go to sleep hungry and it isn’t their fault; they have no power to change this, so world leaders must do something about it.” What is one of your favorite quotes? “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde. Also, “Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up.” – Unknown. How did you feel when I approached you about being the Campus Cutie? “I was flattered and really appreciate the opportunity.” 

Amanda is a senior studying Telecommunication News and the Campus Cutie Writer for Her Campus UFL. She also works as a reporter for WUFT News and as a writer for Fnatic. When she’s not working Amanda enjoys watching Food Network, cats, eating mashed potatoes, and playing League of Legends