Matt Blaylock ‘18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re looking for a guy that’ll whisk you off your feet this fall, look no further than this week’s campus cutie: Matt Blaylock! He’s 19 and hails from Merritt Island, Florida. Matt is 6 feet tall and yes, ladies… he’s single. He’s currently a sophomore studying mechanical engineering. When he isn’t hitting the books, he’s hitting the gym. You can find him lifting weights at the gym on any given day. Matt’s favorite book is The Things They Carried and he loves sitting down to watch some good ol’ Forrest Gump. He says he loves to go on crazy adventures with his friends.

On campus, Matt is a member of ROTC. At Gator football games, he works security in The Swamp. He may seem like a total tough guy, but he also has a sensitive side. Matt loves to volunteer and often goes to Norton Elementary School to play basketball with kids and help them with their homework.

Matt’s role model in life is his father. He also said if he could pick any person, dead or alive, to have dinner with he’d pick his grandfather. His favorite memory of college so far was Navy Ball 2014, an event he also pegs as one of his most embarrassing moments. Matt says he would love to travel to Spain one day. He also says that one of his biggest pet peeves is when people are indirect.

Now for the questions you’ve all been waiting for — what does Matt look for in a girl? Well, he says that his ideal girl would be someone who’s nice, confident, smart, in shape and has a great sense of humor. His idea of a perfect date would be grabbing a bite to eat with a special someone and driving out to the country for some stargazing.

After he graduates from UF, Matt plans to fly helicopters in the Navy. Until then, you can catch this week’s campus cutie around town.

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.