This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

High Dive, short for “high-end dive bar” was named #74 on the list of “100 Greatest American Music Venues.” It’s one of three ranked venues in Florida, which is a huge deal for a small bar in a big state. It can be described as gritty and unpretentious, and students love it.

Events are casual at High Dive, so sometimes it’s possible to meet the band. Even if meeting the band is out of the question for the night, everyone has a clear view of the stage from any point in the room. That means no neck cramps, no ballet pointe shoes and no obnoxious jumping just to see the top of the lead singer’s head. The artists also fancy High Dive–bands inevitably confess that Gainesville is one of their favorite places to perform. The atmosphere at High Dive makes it easy for artists to feed off the energy of the crowd.

For decades, High Dive has been the host to some performers you might know, including Dave Matthews Band, Kenny Chesney, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, 311, Black Keys, Paramore and Avett Brothers. Comedian Patton Oswalt has also taken the stage. But High Dive doesn’t let its reputation inflate its ego. Drinks are reasonably priced, and there’s only a cover charge for those who are under 21 years of age. For the month of October, High Dive will be showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show every Friday at 8 p.m. There’s an awesome beer garden in the back, and as an added bonus, parking is free. Events are also extremely affordable!

Change up your Saturday night plans and buy tickets to see a band you never heard of. Maybe you’ll find a new artist to obsess over!

Here are some upcoming events:

Saturday, September 24, 2016 @ 5 :00 p.m.

Original G-ville Food Truck Rally & Free Concert Benefitting Impact Gainesville Charity

Thursday, September 29, 2016 @ 8:00 p.m.

NAPOLEON THE WILDERNESS LATCHKEY THE HAILS DONKNG

Friday, September 30, 2016 @ 8:00 pm

THE STRUTS

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 @ 8:00 pm

ROONEY

Monday, October 24, 2016 @ 7:00 pm

BEAR HANDS

Thursday, November 3, 2016 @ 8:00 pm

THE LONELY BISCUITS Jay Rogue & the Stogues

Friday, November 11, 2016 @ 9:00 pm

MOTHERS

Contact:

210 SW 2nd Ave, Downtown Gainesville, FL 32601

Photo Credits: highdivegainesville.com, leadusdown.com

Nicolle is a third-year Linguistics major at UF. This is her first semester with Her Campus UFL, and she is psyched to be a part of the editorial team. You can usually find her hanging out near the $5 movie bins of your local store. Nicolle enjoys eating burritos, cleaning her kitchen, surfing iwastesomuchtime.com, and complaining about the humidity.