Laurence Kidd ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Laurence Kidd           Age: 21Major: international studiesHometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL but was born in ColombiaHeight: 5’10”Year: seniorRelationship status: in a relationshipFavorite movie: Blood Diamond       Favorite TV Show: CalifornicationInteresting fact: “I’m trilingual in Spanish, English and Portuguese.”Favorite food: “Latin American cooking in general. My favorite dish is Bandeja Paisa, a Colombian dish.”Favorite athlete: “George North, a Welsh rugby player.”Biggest pet peeve: people who snoreBiggest achievement: “Representing the University of Florida in Philadelphia for the Collegiate Rugby Championship in 2013.” Favorite holiday: ChristmasIdeal first date: “My ideal first date would include having a delicious dinner at Emiliano’s in downtown Gainesville, then going one door over to the Gelato Company, where we could eat delicious Italian style ice cream while I impress my date with my piano playing skills on the old piano they have in there. After that, the ideal thing to do would be to walk around and get to know more about my date.”Where’s one place you’d like to visit? “New Zealand; I hear it’s beautiful, and also it’s the land of rugby.”What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? “(Taking) my date to the beach at night to watch the lighthouse and the sunset.”Are you involved in any clubs or organizations? Rugby ClubWhat are your plans after you graduate? “I plan on going to grad school and getting my MBA.”If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why? “If I could change one thing about myself it would be that I get too moody. I think I could get along with people better if I controlled my temper and didn’t let little things get me upset.” What is your favorite quote? “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You musn’t lose it.” — Robin WilliamsWho’s your role model? “My parents are my main role models. Nelson Mandela is a person that I admire very much as well.”What’s your dream job? “Owning a vineyard in Northern California.”What’s your most embarrassing moment? “I passed out in front of my entire lab class and later saw myself referenced on Yik Yak.”Do you have any strange talents? “Master of the indo board and ‘SSX Tricky’ for PS2.”How did you feel when I approached you about being the Campus Cutie? “I was surprised! I didn’t know people thought I was that cute to be honest.” 

Amanda is a senior studying Telecommunication News and the Campus Cutie Writer for Her Campus UFL. She also works as a reporter for WUFT News and as a writer for Fnatic. When she’s not working Amanda enjoys watching Food Network, cats, eating mashed potatoes, and playing League of Legends