Last-Minute Things To Do Before Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Sure you’re all mentally prepared for Spring Break, but do you have all your other ducks in order? Even if you are completely type-A and have had your packing list ready for weeks, I’m sure there’s something you’ve forgotten about. Here is my list of last-minute things to do before Spring Break!

1. Make some last-minute spending money. Go through your closet and find all those old clothes, shoes, jewelry, purses, pets or whatever. Snap some pictures, insert your best filter and sell your swag online for cash.

2. Get your nails done. Personally, I am making an appointment the Saturday before I leave, but the date you go is up to your own discretion. Closer is better so your nails won’t chip, but just be sure to beat the crowds! Also make sure you get a bright pink or orange, so you will be screaming Spring Break from head to toe(nail)s.

3. Paint a new Bubba Keg. You need to get on this one ASAP to ensure you have enough time to finish. Why should you do it? Because crafting and because everyone will be envious of your cute new canteen. Pick out a cute theme, whether it be Disney princess or Beyoncé themed, and spend a solid night painting with your besties.

4. Get in shape… or at least as best of shape you can in a week. This doesn’t imply that you should try any extreme starvation techniques. Just maybe go a few extra reps at the gym, or if you’re like me, actually start going to the gym. Another tactic to try is skipping that 2 a.m. Gumby’s pizza or that 10 a.m. Bagels and Noodles run.

5. Get a great beach book. Spring Break is that one week where you don’t have to worry about memorizing the human anatomy or understanding the chemical composition of hydrogen magnesium. Go hit Books-a-Million and pick up the latest Nicholas Sparks novel or John Green book. I know I’ve been waiting since Christmas to finally crack open my copy of Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham.

Whether you are partying it up in Panama City Beach or sailing away on a Caribbean cruise, these tips are foolproof. Just don’t do anything stupid to end up hurt, or worse… on TFM. Stay safe, sunny and sassy, collegiettes!