It’s the Final Countdown – Presidential Debate 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

“I’ll keep you in suspense.”

As if Americans didn’t have enough to fear with this presidential election, Donald Trump told voters that he is still on the fence about conceding the presidential race to the winner in a peaceful transition of power – also known as one of the key republican principles this country was built on.

Regardless of Trump’s statement, the Wednesday night debate was destined to be a bombastic disaster filled with repetitive wordplay and denial.

Here are the most memorable lines of the night:

“I think it’s terrible, if you go with what Hillary is saying, in the ninth month, you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby.” – Trump

Really?

The republican candidate added that he would add two or three pro-life justices and that would “automatically” revoke Roe v. Wade, giving states the power to decide a woman’s right to have an abortion.

“First of all, those stories have been largely debunked. I don’t know those people,” he said. “I have a feeling how they came — I have a feeling it was her campaign who did it. I didn’t even apologize to my wife … because I didn’t do anything.” –Trump

Currently, nine women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against Trump, according to IBTimes. He blamed the Clinton campaign for their sudden upheaval of allegations.

“That’s because [Russian President Vladimir Putin would] rather have a puppet for President of the United States.” – Clinton

“You’re the puppet,” Trump responded.

Mature rhetoric was traded when Vladimir Putin was brought up during the debate. The issue stems from Putin’s clear preference of the Republican candidate. Clinton referred to Trump as Putin’s puppet after Trump went after her for the WikiLeaks reveal that she gave a speech to a Brazilian bank for over $200,000.

“Donald has bought Chinese steel and aluminum. In fact, the Trump Hotel right here in Las Vegas was made with Chinese steel. So he goes around with crocodile tears about how terrible it is, but he has given jobs to Chinese steelworkers, not American steel workers.”– Clinton

Clinton’s semi-petty attack on Trump for his outsourcing records was backed by her statement that he cannot be trusted to negotiate trade deals because he does not have the American people’s interests at heart.

“We have some bad hombres here and we’re going to get them out.” – Trump

An attempt to win the Hispanic vote or a statement about immigration policy?

Though it could be both, this was Trump’s way of saying that he would have these bad men deported, with an emphasis on the U.S –Mexico border.

Stay informed, millennials, and make sure to get out and cast your ballot on November 8th.

Photo credit:

www.recode.net

Hey readers! My name is Andrea Carla Lopez, and I am currently a junior at the University of Florida. I am in pursuit of a dual-degree in political science and public relations as well as a certifications in international relations and global communications. My career goals are aimed at contributing to society through a non-governmental organization or intergovernmental organization in hopes that I can advocate for underpriviledged communities as well as help establish stronger international relationships amongst countries.  With Her Campus UFL I am excited to discuss social and political issues that are not only relevant to our millennial generation but also cover key news stories that effect our society as a whole. Although my articles may sometimes be on a serious note, I do genuinely hope to help get people's minds thinking and get conversations started. I do also do artist spotlights and occasionally cover television debates (yes, I meant Grey's Anatomy).  Feel free to follow me on twitter or instagram if you have any requests for an artist spotlight or really anything you think needs to be covered more on Her Campus UFL. Twitter: @A_CarlaLopez Stride on millennials!