Grad Student Ivan Cruz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Ivan CruzAge: 22Major: accounting   Year: graduate school             Hometown: Miami, FLHeight: 6’3”Relationship status: singleFavorite movie: Wedding CrashersFavorite TV show: Mad MenFavorite food: “So many choices, but how could you go wrong with pizza.”Favorite athlete: Derek JeterBiggest pet peeve: “Not being able to hold your liquor.”Biggest achievement: “Being the first in my family to get a college degree.”Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving

Ideal first date: “I don’t think there is such a thing as an ideal first date; it shouldn’t be planned or scheduled. I like to think as long as I’m with the right girl, wherever the night takes me is ideal.”Where’s one place you’d like to visit? GreeceWhat’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? “Surprised her and cooked dinner on a building rooftop overlooking Miami skyline.”Are you involved in any clubs or organizations? “I work for UF RecSports.”What are your plans after you graduate? “Move back to Miami and work in public accounting. Save up enough money to move to NYC or San Francisco and open up my own business.”If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why? “I would definitely want to care less. Sometimes, I tend to worry too much about trivial things that in the long run don’t affect me.”What is your favorite quote? “What is happiness? Just another moment before you need more happiness.”Who’s your role model? “My father doesn’t know English and isn’t highly educated but yet managed to provide for my family and be a loving husband. I would be lucky to be half the man he is.”What’s your dream job? “Open up a pizza shop in New York City. Menu: cheese, pepperoni and beer.”What song would you sing at karaoke night? “‘I Believe I Can Fly’ by R Kelly is always a mood booster.”Do you have any strange talents? “I wouldn’t consider any of my talents to be strange. If you really want to see my talents, you’d really have to get to know me.”How did you feel when I approached you about being the Campus Cutie? “I had never done anything like it, and I thought it be interesting to give it a shot. Always willing to help out a friend.”

Amanda is a senior studying Telecommunication News and the Campus Cutie Writer for Her Campus UFL. She also works as a reporter for WUFT News and as a writer for Fnatic. When she’s not working Amanda enjoys watching Food Network, cats, eating mashed potatoes, and playing League of Legends