Gator Glam: Dos and Don’ts of Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The part of the semester that every student dreads is fast approaching: finals week. Most of us will spend hours wasting away in Library West, completely forgetting what a mirror looks like. But, even as you’re huddled up in your cubby, you might need a few Gator Glam dos and don’ts on how to survive finals week the glamorous way!

DON’T go looking like you just rolled out of bed. You never know who you’ll see or how many people you could end up running into once you’re there (a.k.a. your crush!).

DO keep it classy and natural. Stick with light makeup and calm hair, and obviously look like you showered and feel presentable. You can stay simple, however, because there’s no need to get all dolled up for a date with your textbook. This will also help you stay productive!

DON’T look like you’re ready for Midtown. You’ll end up being uncomfortable, and you will probably wipe all of your makeup off anyways (or worse, you could smear it on your term paper … Gross!).

DO keep you hair out of your face. Do yourself a favor, and pull it back into a braid or ponytail. You don’t want it to get in the way or be another distraction (picking split ends instead of studying? Huge no-no!).

DON’T forget to eat. Bring healthy snacks and hearty meals if you plan on spending long days and nights in the library to ensure the utmost energy — something you won’t get from a vending machine.

DO wash your face when you get home from the library. Even though it may be late and you just want to hit the hay, there are thousands of germs on those desks that could show up on your face in the morning.

DON’T forget to drink water in between your coffee and energy drinks. Not only is staying hydrated necessary, but it’s also good for your skin and prevents it from drying out.

Some of these may seem obvious, but either way, these tips will keep you happy, healthy, and beautiful so you can ace finals week! Good luck, collegiettes™!

Hi, my name is Kelli Eichorn. This spring I am a fourth year Telecommunications major, specializing in Media and Society and minoring in Anthropology. I love reading and writing, and have a strong passion for both print and broadcast journalism, as well as social media and it's influence on society. My dream is to one day write for a major fashion magazine. This is my fourth semester being involved with Her Campus and I am so excited to be serving as a blogger for GatorGlam! GatorGlam is a blog about beauty, makeup, and skin care for the "Florida" girl. Some of my favorite things include spending time with my sorority sisters, going to the beach, naps, animals, and listening to music.
Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.