Gator Glam: 4 Easy Halloween Costume Ideas in 5 Pieces or Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll probably wait until the very last moment to find that perfect Halloween costume. Or, maybe you just can’t find the right costume because you’re currently filling the mold of being a typical broke college student. Thanks to these five easy costume ideas, now you’ll have one less thing to be scared of on All Hallows’ Eve.

1. Risky Business What you’ll need: men’s dress shirt, men’s briefs/biker shorts, white crew socks and black sunglasses 

This costume will be instantly recognizable the moment you slide into your next Halloween party. All you need to pull off from the famous dance sequence in Risky Business is a men’s dress shirt that you can probably borrow from a guy friend, white briefs (or shorts if that’s too bold for you), socks and the perfect pair of black shades to complete the look. Just keep your hair and makeup simple, and you’ll be ready to dance the night away!

2. Raining cats and dogs What you’ll need: large raincoat, leggings, rain boots, umbrella and cat and dog plush toy 

Because we already live in such a rainy state, you can easily put this costume together in minutes with items you already own. Slip on a brightly colored raincoat over a pair of your favorite leggings, and find some rain boots to match. Finish the look with an umbrella and your plush friends (double points if you can manage a real cat and dog!). And if the weather decides to take a turn for the worst, you’ll already be covered.

3. Starbucks pumpkin spice latte What you’ll need: white or brown dress, printed out Starbucks logo, white fuzzy boa and green posterboard 

You drink it almost every day, so why not just go ahead and dress up as your favorite caffeinated beverage as well? You can either print out the Starbucks logo and pin it to the front of your dress, or draw out the logo yourself with a green marker. Throw a white boa around your neck to look like whipped cream, and roll up some green posterboard to look like a straw. Don’t forget to write your name incorrectly with PSL on the side!

4. Piñata What you’ll need: old dress, party hats and brightly colored high heels 

For a fun, colorful costume option, take some inspiration from a traditional candy container. Just take an old dress you don’t mind putting a glue gun to, and stick on a few different colored streamers all over. Do the same with a pair of pointy party hats and wear them as the ears of a traditional donkey piñata. A costume like this wouldn’t be complete without some equally fun and bright high heels of your choice. Now you’re ready to make the candy fly!

This is the one time of the year that you get to dress up as scary or funny as you want without looking like a total weirdo, so take advantage of it! Or if you’re on the bolder side, follow the wise words of Cady Heron: “Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total sl** and no other girls can say anything about it.” Have fun and stay safe this Halloween!

Photo credits:www.pinterest.com www.thosenorthernskies.blogspot.comwww.hercampus.comw…