Wellness > Health

Fitness with Finesse: You Know You’re a Gym Junkie When…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Do you think you’re the ultimate workout freak? Find out by checking to see if these 25 things apply to you:

1. You feel horrible missing your daily trip to Southwest Recreation Center or Student Recreation & Fitness Center just to study for a test.
  2. You live in workout clothes and actually utilize these clothes, unlike the girls who wear yoga pants to class just because they’re comfortable.
  3. The gym is your stress-reliever.
  4. You’re brave enough to go into the intimidating weight room full of buff guys in fraternity tanks just to have a decent leg workout.
  5. You choose to walk to class instead of taking advantage of Gainesville RTS despite the sizzling heat.
  6. You planned your class schedule around your gym schedule.
  7. You know exactly when Southwest and Student Rec are crowded and empty throughout the day.
  8. You use the same locker every time you go to the gym.
  9. You’d minor in working out if that were an option.
  10. Your Publix shopping cart consists of protein shakes and Clif Bars.
  11. You take pride in eliminating waste every time you refill your water bottle at the gym.
  12. You’ve gotten over the awkward eye contact you’ll make with people while doing squats.
  13. Makeup is not in your daily routine.
  14. You don’t remember the last time you weren’t wearing a sports bra, yoga pants and Nikes.
  15. You actually lift weights and don’t just use the cardio machines.
  16. You get annoyed with all the people who crowd the gyms for their two-week New Year’s resolutions.
  17. You sacrifice vital time to write an essay due at 10 p.m. by going to the gym instead.
  18. You drink just as much water as there is rain every day in Gainesville.
  19. Your workout clothes take over your laundry basket.
  20. You feel like your professors purposefully give you lots of homework just so you won’t have time to work out.
  21. You see the same people every time you go to the gym, and you feel like you’re bonding with them even though you’ve never talked before.
  22. You’ve accepted the fact that you’ll look like a sweaty man every time you leave the gym.
  23. You’re excited every time you wake up sore the day after an intense workout.
  24. You wonder how all your friends who don’t workout stay so skinny.
  25. You have a specific playlist of songs that pump you up every time you work out.

If you nodded your head and chuckled after reading most of these points, then congratulations, you have officially been awarded the title of Gym Junkie Princess! So fellow workout obsessed collegiettes™, you’ve now earned a day off from the gym. Sit back, eat a cookie (or a protein bar) and watch some Netflix. You deserve it!