Fitness With Finesse: The Official Grey’s Anatomy Workout Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Are you having a hard time finding the motivation to work out? Are you having an even harder time trying to stop watching Grey’s Anatomy all day? Yeah, me too.

Well, I have found the ultimate solution. I’ve developed a game where you can watch Grey’s and work out simultaneously!

Here’s how it works:
Below is a list of common phrases and actions said and done in Grey’s Anatomy followed by an exercise. Every time one of the items on the list happens, you do the exercise that follows it. That’s it! Just have this list in front of you on your next binge-watching session of Grey’s, and you’ll have that spring break bod in no time without having to ruin your five-day watching streak. So, without further ado, here is… The Official Grey’s Anatomy Workout Game.

1. When anyone says “push one of epi” – 10 push-ups

2. When two people make inappropriate eye contact – 20 toe raises

3. When two doctors sleep together in an on-call room (I know this happens a lot, so I’ll keep it easy) – 15 jumping jacks

4. When a trauma is rushed in – 10 wide-arm push-ups

5. When a major character is killed off – 45 seconds of sprinting in place (to release the anger)

6. When Derek says “it’s a beautiful day to save lives” – 15 squats

7. When Derek performs a craniotomy – 20 calf raises

8. When Meredith performs an appendectomy (appy) – 20 side crunches (10 on each side)

9. When Cristina performs heart surgery – 15 burpees (when it’s a valve replacement, do 20)

10. When Meredith and Cristina refer to one another as “my person” – 15 sit-ups

11. When the song “How to Save a Life” is played – 45 second plank

Bonus: When McDreamy’s hair is just too perfect (again, a common occurrence) – 10 crunches

Photo credit: breathecast.com