sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness with Finesse: Mango Papaya Smoothie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

As we brace ourselves for Florida’s relentless summer heat, we need a go-to drink that will keep us refreshed all summer long. For this everlasting refreshment, I recommend trying out a mango papaya smoothie for this summer’s waves of heat. This smoothie is great for girls who love to eat their meat and aren’t afraid to dive into a beefy burger, as it is fueled by the nutrition and fiber found in these fruits. The mango papaya smoothie is also known for it’s curative hangover properties for the morning after those wild summer nights. Bottoms up!

What you’ll need:– 2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced- 1/2 ripe papaya, chopped and seeded- 1 cup almond milk- 1 cup coconut milk- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and diced- Dash of coconut flakes for optional garnish

How to make it:1. Peel and chop bananas into bite-sized chunks, and freeze for about two hours.2. Gripping firmly in one hand, use a sharp knife to cut the mango lengthwise in half. Repeat. Use a spoon to scrape the pulp away from skin.3. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process on pulse for 20 to 25 seconds. Change the setting to mix for about 10 more seconds or until it’s smooth.

There you have it. With finals coming to a close, kick back at the pool and relax with this delicious and refreshing smoothie. Have a great summer, collegiettes!