Fitness With Finesse: 8 Motivational Quotes Guaranteed to Get Your Butt in the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all know what it feels like to snuggle in bed watching the latest episode of The Bachelor, only to realize we haven’t moved from that spot all day. Let’s face it, you probably haven’t even brushed your teeth today.

Well I’m here to give you the motivation you need to get out of bed and get active. Whether you go to the gym or just for a run, these 10 quotes are all the motivation you need to fuel your workout. Pro tip: Take a screenshot of your favorite quote and set it as the wallpaper on your phone.

1. “In order to succeed, we must first believe we can.”

This mindset is essential to a good workout and the key to actually getting out of bed and into the gym. There is no way to succeed if you don’t believe that you can accomplish your goals in the first place.

2. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”

You will never regret going to the gym and getting in a workout, but it is definitely possible to regret not going. Trust me on that one.

3. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.”

Whether it’s your first time in a gym or if you’re a regular, you will always be working toward something. Everyone has goals, but you have to start somewhere to be able to reach those and create new ones.

4. “You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow. You choose.”

Granted none of us like having to climb three flights of stairs to get to class when we’re sore, but at least you know you got in a great workout and are doing positive things for your health.

5. “Don’t wish for it. Work for it.”

You are never going to reach your fitness goals by laying in bed watching Friends (no matter how much we wish that were possible), so get up and go work towards them. You’ll feel better having accomplished a goal.

6. “A one-hour workout is 4 percent of your day. No excuses.”

Even going for a 15 minute run or walking to class instead of taking the bus can make a difference. Don’t chose to be lazy when you are more than capable of being active.

7. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.”

Even though the thought of staying in bed all day sounds like the best day ever, I guarantee you will not feel that way at the end of the day when you have accomplished nothing. Do something active, which still counts as productive, but doesn’t involve homework.

8. “Can’t find time to workout? You’re online.”

This is my personal favorite. If you are reading this right now, that means you are on some sort of electronic device most likely sitting in bed or at the library procrastinating because you don’t want to do homework (which, let’s face it, probably won’t get done today anyway). So instead, go to the gym and get moving!

You have all the motivation you need, and now you just have to go do it. You won’t regret it, collegiettes!

Photo credits: www.drwayneandersen.com