Dishes ‘n’ DIYs: 5 Avocado Recipes That Aren’t Guacamole

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Avocado: the ultimate superfood. We all love a good avocado; it’s great on toast, on its own and obviously in guacamole. But what you might not realize is that there are many more possibilities for your next avocado; from a feta salad to avocado egg rolls, you can take your avocado to the next level.

1. Baked Egg In Avocado
If you’re ever looking for a different way to eat avocado for breakfast (apart from toast), try baking an egg in a scooped out avocado. After you’re done baking to the consistency you want, top it of with tomatoes, peppers or some spinach to add veggies and round out the breakfast treat. The best part about this recipe is that it’s healthy, too!

2. Avocado Egg Salad
This is the most versatile of these recipes, as it can be made into a sandwich, a wrap or even a dip. This is simply egg salad with avocado in it, so for this to really be a hit, you have to be a fan of egg salad in the first place. If you are, get ready to amp up your next egg salad sandwich.

3. Avocado Eggroll
An avocado egg roll may not sound like the most appetizing thing, but once you try one you won’t be able to stop eating them. The recipe is more complicated than the others, and calls for ingredients not a lot of us have used, but if you’re looking for a cooking project and to learn something new, this is perfect for you. The leftover wonton wrappers are something you will be able to use in many other recipes, too.

4. Avocado, Chickpea and Feta Salad
For a quick snack, a dinner side or even a whole meal, this is a great recipe with only three main ingredients: avocado, chickpeas and feta. These three flavors come together to give you something that has protein, texture and tang that will enhance your otherwise normal meal. Make a big batch and serve it at a party or bring it to a potluck.

5. Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice
Another great lunch, side or snack: avocado cilantro lime rice. Simply smash avocado in a bowl, stir in lime juice and then add rice. Stir in chopped cilantro to taste and eat it up! You can eat this recipe hot or cold, and it even goes great on tacos or with chickpeas mixed in.

Next time you go out and buy an avocado, think of these recipes and plan to make one instead of guacamole for your next party, TV night or dinner. If you’re ever wondering how to choose the right avocado, check out this site for tips on the perfect avo.

Photo credits: astar.tv