This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

“What are you doing for spring break?” seems to be a question being asked a lot right now at the University of Florida. Spring break is right around the corner, and I hear a lot of students panicking about their spring break plans. Everyone wants to go somewhere fun, but they don’t want to go somewhere too far away and they do not want to spend too much money. Well aren’t we lucky that we go to college in Florida, where there are plenty of fun beach towns that are only a car ride away!

1. South Beach in Miami

South Beach is one of Miami’s most popular and exciting beach locations. It is a great place to lay on the comfy white sand while soaking up the sun’s hot golden rays. You will definitely get that sun kissed glow while in Miami. It’s a beautiful location to enjoy not only the water, but also the great nightlife and colorful Deco buildings. You will also be able to find all kinds of cuisine ranging from Cuban to seafood.

2. Florida Keys

If you’re looking for a place to escape your worries, the Florida Keys might be the place for you. The Keys have over 100 sandbar islands, and the turquoise water is filled with wildlife like sea turtles, stingrays, dolphins and even sharks. The Keys are an awesome place to go snorkeling by the mangroves. If you are looking to have fun with water sports, the Florida Keys are perfect. The islands are well known for their great kayaking, parasailing, boating and scuba diving.

3. Daytona Beach

If you are looking to attend some festivals and go to the beach this spring break, Daytona Beach might be the right pick for you. Daytona Beach is known as the festival capital of Florida, so you’ll be sure to have an amazing time in Daytona. Not only that, Daytona Beach has a great pier and boardwalk filled with tons of restaurants and shops.

4. St. Petersburg/Clearwater Beaches

The St. Petersburg/Clearwater beaches are very family friendly beaches that are perfect if you’re traveling with your family and younger siblings. The water is very shallow which is great for small children, and the sand is so soft. At Sand Key Park in Clearwater, you can find a dog park for the pup and a playground for the kids. Sand Key Park is also the perfect place to watch a breathtaking sunset with the family.

5. The Bahamas

If you’re looking to travel outside of Florida this spring break but you don’t want to go too far, you should consider traveling to the Bahamas. The Bahamas consists of over 2,000 islands, each one with something beautiful and unique to offer depending on what you are looking for during your vacation. I was able to go to the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort in Nassau with my family, which was a blast. The beaches were breathtaking, and I loved getting to swim in the turquoise water. My favorite part was getting to swim with the dolphins in Dolphin Cay – it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

We are so lucky to go to a school that’s just a short road trip away from so many spring break options! I hope you find something to suit your spring break desires in or close to the sunshine state.

photo credit: The Odyssey