The Bookworm Belle: A Semester Worth of Books- Fall 2012 Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Well collegiates, another semester is over and in a few short days, exam week will be over too and everyone will hopefully be able to relax with family and friends until we resume our studies in the Spring. Over the past semester, we’ve read some great novels through The Bookworm Belle book club, and I can’t wait to read more in the Spring semester with y’all!

A few weeks ago, I introduced The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, which I’m sure proved to be a humbling success story. Hopefully you found the story inspirational and can use Jeanette’s life as inspiration to achieving your own success in life. As we close on the year 2012, reflect on what’s important to you in life and make room for these things in the upcoming year. Strive for continued achievement in 2013!

Since the holiday break is the perfect time to catch up on reading, I encourage you to take advantage of this time to cuddle up on the couch with a mug of hot chocolate and read some of the books on the current bestsellers list, or even pick up where you left on The Bookworm Belle’s book club when schoolwork started to get hectic.

The Bookworm Belle Fall 2012 Book Club:

The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba 
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin 
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

Another Book Club list that I always check on is the Target Club Pick list. If you’re out of ideas, check out some of the titles on their website! Also, head to your local Target store to browse—oftentimes they have a lot of their recommended books at 20% off. I’ve listed a few below:

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 
One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus 
State of Wonder by Ann Parchett 
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain

Lastly, if you read a book that you absolutely loved, then you can find similar books through the website What Should I Read Next?
Try it out here: http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com

Don’t just rest and relax this holiday break. Read, too!