9 Ways To Conquer Your Semester Like A Boss

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Today’s collegiettes are capable of doing anything they set their minds to, whether it’s starting a club, landing a dream internship or turning a fitness goal into a reality. But sometimes, doing it all — aka acing (or passing) that macro exam, leading an organization and carving out a hot sec to unwind — is easier said than done.

This fall, let’s embrace the feelings of excitement, chaos and fresh starts. Here’s how to make the most of your semester while enjoying tasty snacks, experimenting with new fashion trends and fallling in love with adorable stationery products along the way.

1. Track your goals (in style)

Fall semester means juggling everything from group projects, midterms, student org meetings and game days in the Swamp — all while planning for the future. Luckily, the Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner was designed with the busy, ultra-motivated collegiette in mind.

The new Hardbound style features trendy cover options and metallic foil details, plus a streamlined, sleek format that makes it more portable than ever. Stick this nifty agenda in your backpack to keep track of your assignments, exam dates, application deadlines, fitness goals and date night plans — and even your dreams for the future. 

2. Get the creative juices flowing

Everyone knows that H2O is vital to maintaining a healthy mind and body, especially during hectic days (and weeks) spent in the depths of Lib West. Keep that positive energy up and spark fresh, fizzy ideas by hydrating with Spindrift, America’s first and only sparkling water made with real fruit.

Spindrift sparkling waters are unsweetened, and they’re easy to grab and go for a long day of running around campus or hibernating in your fave study spot. Enjoy a can of Spindrift by itself, or, at the end of the week, grab your friends and try one of the seven sparkling water flavors — lemon, cucumber, grapefruit, orange mango, raspberry lime, strawberry or blackberry — as a mixer in a cocktail or mocktail! 

3. Give your skin a break 

Even in the digital age, there has yet to be an invention that takes the place of a good old-fashioned DIY spa day — am I right, ladies? Freeman Beauty has practically read our minds with their Feeling Beautiful skincare line, which features a variety of yummy-smelling face masks and cleansers. 

The Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask gently exfoliates, cools and soothes the skin. The Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser is the perfect cure for oily skin and clogged pores, and the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask helps smooth out rough lines and impurities. The best part is that these goodies are available online and at your local Ulta store.

4. Make every day a good hair day

With unpredictable Rainesville humidity levels and frequent torrential downpours, it sometimes feels impossible to keep a good hairstyle here in Gator Nation. Not to worry, though, because Bed Head by TIGI is redefining #HairGoals with a collection of products designed for collegiettes with all hair types.

Hairsprays

The Masterpiece Shine Hairspray provides an extra layer of insurance for your ‘do, adding body, resisting humidity and protecting hair from dryness. For a hairspray that dries instantly and provides extra shine, try the Hard Head Hairspray.

Dry Shampoos

The Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo is like a magic wand for the hairstyle you wore the day before and don’t want to wash out just yet. Brunettes will also love the Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo, which uses a fine powder to absorb oils and won’t show on dark hair.

Be sure to check out these Bed Head products (and more) on your next trip to Ulta!

5. Express yourself with simple statement pieces

This fall, put a personal twist on classic wardrobe staples, like jeans and denim jackets. Don’t know where to start? Aéropostale has you covered with their denim pieces. There’s something for everyone; if you’re into the boho-chic look, try a pair of frayed jeans or light-wash boyfriend jeans. For a more polished, timeless look, experiment with medium and dark washes in stretchy fits. Fall semester is the perfect time to experiment with different trends — and there’s no better place than Aéro for denim and accompanying accessories, like sunglasses, choker necklaces and statement earrings.

6. Take care of the little things

Sometimes, it’s the little moments and memories in life that mean the most. The same goes for tiny gadgets and gizmos that come in handy during the semester, like the Steripod toothbrush protector, which keeps your brush clean for up to three months. The Steripod sanitizer is ideal for collegiettes who live in dorms or use communal bathrooms — just pop it on your toothbrush head, and you’re good to go. Sketchy bathroom germs? Not on my watch brush!

7. Embrace the glow

Living in Florida, it’s safe to say that there’s enough Vitamin C to go around — but the next time you’re in search of a healthy glow, save your skin and opt for one of the L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze treatments. If you’re in a hurry, try the Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towlettes, which are individually wrapped and convenient for your backpack or gym bag. Color from the towlettes develops in two to four hours. For a more precise tan, try the ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist, which allows for a 360-degree mist (without the salon appointment)!

If you’re not in the market for a bronze-y look but want to show your skin some love, try the Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care, an aloe-packed moisturizer that lasts for up to 72 hours.

8. Fill your life with flavor

Looking for a fun snack to add to your not-so-secret candy stash or to share with a friend on a rough day? HI-CHEW has you covered with their fun, fruity snacks.

This popular Japanese candy dates back to the 1800s and is making its way to America because of its vibrant flavors, easy-to-chew texture and, quite frankly, adorable size. Whatever your flavor preference (choose from grape, cherry, banana, strawberry, mango, green apple and kiwi) and no matter the occasion, a pocketful of HI-CHEW candies is practically the same as a pocketful of sunshine.

9. Stay focused on your dreams

College can bring about some amazing memories — as well as moments that are challenging, frustrating and stressful. Remember to take it day-by-day, embrace each and every experience for what it is and stay true to your goals and ambitions. Don’t feel guilty about taking time for yourself to have a personal planner party or a spa night.

With these tips in mind, what’s stopping you from conquering your semester? (Correct answer: nothing!)

Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.