yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

9 Creative Halloween Costumes for Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

October brings us fall clothing, candy corn and most importantly, Halloween. This holiday allows for imagination and creativity, so you don’t have an excuse to choose some run-of-the-mill costume. Don’t take on Halloween alone this year — suit up with your significant other, your friends or your family and bring your A-game with these creative couples costumes.

1. Mickey and Minnie This adorable Disney classic may seem, well… cheesy, but it’s sure to get a lot of attention. It’s a classic for a reason!   

2. Dentist and tooth fairy This costume ensemble is sure to be the most original in the room. Not only is it adorable, but it’s also simple. Scrubs and a tutu are all you need to make this couples costume a success.

3. God and goddess Leave your throne on Mount Olympus to show how much your costume rules. Pick your favorite two ancient deities, add a flash tattoo, and you’re good to go! Bow down, peasants.

4. Peter Pan and Tinker Bell Unleash your inner kid and never grow up with this costume. You two can soar with the best costume. Why are Peter Pan and Tinkerbell always flying? Because they Neverland. 

5. Superheroes Show just how super you two are by dressing up as Captain America and Wonder Woman. Show the general public some heroism by having these marvelous costumes.

6. Firefighter and Dalmatian Instead of putting out the fire, you’ll be the cause of it with this hot couples costume. Change things up by making your significant other dress up as the Dalmatian so you have a chance to be a hot firefighter for the night.

7. Cop and robber With this idea, you’ll be sure to steal the best costume title. Wear a black beanie, little black dress and combat boots, and you’ll be sure to steal the spotlight at your Halloween party.

8. Danny and Sandy from Grease Bring this iconic movie to life and show everyone you’re the hottest couple in the room. This getup calls for lots of leather and hairspray.

9. Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty Show your freedom with this America-themed couples costume. Wear your red, white and boo! Uncle Sam is the original “power-pointer,” which gives you an excuse to do the signature finger-pointing pose in every picture you take that night.

With these costumes, you’re sure to be the talk of the party. Have a happy Halloween, collegiettes™!