7 Things You Need for the Best Summer Yet

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Congrats, collegiettes! You’ve made it through those pesky midterms, strenuous finals and one heck of a spring semester (hopefully) in one piece. You deserve a pat on the back. Better yet, you deserve the best summer of your life to celebrate your achievements! We’re here to let you in on a few secret tips for enjoying your summer to the fullest, whether you’re interning in a big city, staying in Gainesville or working back at home. Lucky for us, we got an awesome sampling of these products in this semester’s Her Campus Summer Survival Kit, and we’re here to share how great these products are with the rest of the world.

1. Her Campus swagRepresent your favorite online magazine this summer by sporting some HC swag! We received adorable HCXO key chains in our Survival Kit, but the Her Campus Shop has tons more options to tickle your fancy. From beach-ready tote bags and sunglasses to bright pink tumblers and koozies, the HC Shop has you covered. Plus, if you’re looking for the perfect summer reading book, the amazing gals at Her Campus HQ have you covered with their recently released book!

2. Shiny Blink TattoosSummer is a time for tank tops, cropped shirts and sundresses. With all that skin showing, why not spice up your look with some edgy blink tats? These temporary tattoos are the more glamorous, trendy older sister of those horrendous Spiderman or Dora the Explorer tattoos you used to give yourself when you were 5 years old. With both gold and silver options, these look best when paired with a bikini!

3. A Tummy Full of ChipotleLet’s be real… collegiettes love Chipotle Mexican Grill. Case closed. If you don’t believe it, just go to the one on University Avenue in Gainesville between 5 and 8 p.m. and you’ll be waiting in a 20-minute line. But you obviously wait because once you step foot inside, the tantalizing scent of burritos lures you in for good. Even if you’re not in Gainesville or your respective college town this summer, be sure to find your nearest Chipotle for a burrito bowl fix. Their fresh, natural ingredients make for the perfect guilt-free indulgence.

4. Stunning chloe + isabel jewelryWe received an adorable pink wrap bracelet from chloe + isabel, and gave it away to one lucky grand prize winner of our #HCFinalsWeek social media contest. In case you missed out on the contest, be sure to check out their website for summer-ready jewelry, from trendy pendant necklaces to statement-making rings and everything in between. These accessories are sure to help you step up your jewelry game this summer.

5. Crunch Gym membershipInterning in Washington, D.C., New York or San Francisco this summer? These are just a few of the popular locations of Crunch Gym, which offers group fitness classes and personal training. For those of you staying at home or in Gainesville this summer, fear not! You can still get that ideal beach bod with Crunch Live, a collection of more than 65 online workout videos. If the gym isn’t your scene, check out these videos for an at-home workout.

6. A copy of the book Rich BitchNicole Lapin is “the financial expert you don’t need a dictionary to understand.” Need I say more? This book is perfect for the collegiette who needs tips for getting her financial life together but doesn’t know where to start. Lapin offers her advice in an entertaining, easy-to-read way, scattering her “Bitch Tips” throughout the book. Once you finish reading the Her Campus book I mentioned above, be sure to pick up a copy of this book. Note: Best when read on the beach with a piña colada in hand.

7. A boohoo shopping spreeI had actually never heard of boohoo before we received this Summer Survival Kit, but I can honestly say that now I’m hooked. For all lovers of online shopping, take a break from Tobi and Nasty Gal to check out this website full of trendy, affordable clothes. You can either shop by specific article of clothing or by trend. My personal favorite trend to browse through is “That ‘70s Style,” but they also have items under categories like “Denim & Lace” and “Out West,” so you’ll be sure to find something that suits your personal style. Treat yoself for having a great semester, collegiettes!

With these seven essentials, you’re on track for the best summer yet. With a tummy full of Chipotle, new clothes and jewelry, an online gym membership and a useful summer reading book, you can sit back and relax these next few months knowing you’ve covered all the stops. We hope you enjoy these products as much as we are. And most importantly, we hope you have an amazing, safe summer!  

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!