7 Lines of Literature That Will Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I get it. We all get it. Fall semester is ending, stress is inevitable and you’re probably reaching for your fourth grande latte right now. If you’re currently struggling to stay focused at the library, it may be time to turn to the experts on life (Writers, of course!) and their inspirational words that seem to make everything A-OK.

1. “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” – L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Remember that tomorrow’s a new day so don’t stress if you weren’t able to complete all your studying in a 24 hour time period.

2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!

Literary genius Dr. Seuss knows what he’s talking about: that brain of yours is filled with so much knowledge. You got this!

3. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

You might me dozing off and feel like you’re rereading that same paragraph but day dreaming is all part of the beauty of studying.

4. “Sometimes you have to keep on steppin’.” – Christopher Paul Curtis, The Watsons Go to Birmingham

Didn’t do as well as you thought? It’s fine! You’re life is so much greater than a test score. Keep steppin’.

5. “If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start.” – Charles Bukowski, Factotum

Try and finish those last papers with the intentions that they are going to be some of your best work.

6. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.”  – Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop

Grab your morning cup of joe and gather all the strength you need to make it through those back to back exams you have today.

7. “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.” –  Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

You made it through the months of lectures and work, don’t give up yet, keep that fire burning and you’ll reach those personal goals!

Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.