7 Bikini Brands Florida Girls Should Know About Before Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We can finally see the horizon: spring break is long gone, and summer is now within reach. This is the part of the semester that drags on and on and it seems like it will never end, but soon you will be back at the beach ignoring the fact that school even exists. Because of that, these are some pretty indie swimsuit brands that you ought to know about before summertime hits. Whether you like to sunbathe and lay on the beach, partying with your friends at the pool, need a cute suit for your summer vacation, in the water swimming and surfing or maybe hitting a volleyball around on the beach, we have got you covered. This list has an array of suits that will sure to fit all of your summertime activities.

For the active ones

If you are the type to surf, swim, paddleboard, wakeboard or play beach volleyball, you need a suit that is not going to just fall off every time you wipe out. Cross-back tops are the best for these types of activities because they are more secure. These brands were made for those types of situations.

Jolyn Clothing

Jolyn was originally designed for watersport athletes but has now made its way into the beach volleyball and surfing community. Their suits are reasonably priced, especially for the quality of material you’re getting. I still wear my Jolyn top that I bought 4 years ago because the material is extremely durable. Their colors don’t fade and the suits will not stretch out, which is pretty awesome.

AMA Bikinis

Their suits were created by beach volleyball players out of Miami and have made a name within the beach volleyball world. The cheeky bottoms and tie-back tops make for a cute yet functional look.

Liquid Ambition

Liquid ambition is a small Florida swimsuit line that was made for the active outdoor lifestyle. This brand has taken off especially within the crossfit and bodybuilding community. With affordable prices and cute designs, their suits are perfect for any Florida girl.

For the Vacationers

Maaji Swimwear

This swimwear line is so unique that any suit of theirs is sure to make you stand out from the crowd. Maaji has beautiful patterns that reflect a sort of bohemian vibe. Maaji has become very popular in southern California and has started to make its way to Florida recently. Their suits are more secure than most brands, so they’re perfect for some light swimming or activity. This makes Maaji perfect for any pool party or beach outing! If you wear one of these suits, you are a trendsetter. *Tip: You can find Maaji on Amazon for cheaper prices!

Moana Bikini

Let me just say: Moana Bikinis are gorgeous. The line originated out of Australia and have yet to become very popular in Florida. The unique backs of their tops, swirly designs and cheeky bottoms will have everyone talking. The quality you will get from Moana is top notch and every order is hand packaged with love. Their tops are also more secure than most bikinis, so they are perfect for boogie-boarding, snorkeling or just hanging out at the hotel swim-up bar with friends.

Midori Bikinis

Midori bikinis are known for their cheeky bottoms and simplistic style. With their very comfortable suits and high quality material, you won’t be disappointed. Midori is all about instilling confidence in women and embracing ourselves for who we are. They are great for lying around the beach or going for a bike down the coast. Their bottoms are also great for some beach volleyball!

Blue House Bikinis

A brand you should get to know because they are based right out of Gainesville! Blue House Bikinis have seamless and reversible suits that are made for the adventurer. The bikinis are flattering and functional, so they are perfect for soaking up the sun or for any girl who can’t stay out of the water.

Photo credit:

joliejanine.com

cdn.shopify.com

blogspot.com

scontent.cdinstagram.com

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d6/de/16/d6de16b50aedca56a95c12c9670985c2.jpg ,

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0288/1072/files/SS_maaji__04.jpg , https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/c0.102.917.917/15056556_600710160119267_7225069971892600832_n.jpg

Features writer and videographer Taylor is a third-year public relations major and this is her first semester with Her Campus UFL. Taylor just transferred from LSU where she played on their beach volleyball team so she is super pumped to finally be a Florida Gator. Since moving to the ville, you can find Taylor either at SWR playing beach volleyball, blogging at Starbucks or staying up too late in midtown. This Summer Taylor is studying abroad with the J-school in Greece and London and then backpacking across Europe. You can follow her blog at sunsandvolley.wordpress.com and on Instagram @taytayyy28