This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Being a college student takes up an extraordinary amount of time in your day. In fact, it’s safe to say it that it is your life. You may be a daughter, sister or friend, adding student to your resume puts about 100 additional things on your to-do list. Don’t stress your life away! Instead, read these helpful tips on how to schedule your life and keep your sanity intact.

1. Wake up early Give yourself a compelling reason to wake up early. Whether it’s because you want to get an early head start or it’s because you want to avoid an overcrowded bus, the reason has to be enough to get you out of the warmth of your bed. Give your body enough time in the morning to wake up, even if it means you have to set multiple alarms on your phone. You can use apps like iHeartRadio or Rhapsody to schedule early morning tunes instead of the awful ringing that reminds you of fire alarms.

2. Get yourself an agenda or planner Maybe you never used a paper agenda in high school, but it should be a requirement in college. It might seem like a nag to have to get into the habit of writing things down, but thanks to 21st century technology, we no longer have to worry about carrying an extra notebook when we already carry agendas in our pockets. Use your iPhone or another smartphone device’s calendar app to remind yourself of when your sorority event is or when your math homework is due.

3. Use your blocks When you checked your schedule on the first week of school, you probably thought about how awful it was that you have so many empty blocks between classes. Fortunately, those can be used to your advantage! Instead of looking at them with distaste, see it as even more time for you to hit up the library to get that English paper written. Are you busy every night because your boss scheduled you to close? That empty two-hour block after financial accounting seems like good time to schedule in some time for chemistry.

4. Prioritize your free time What’s more important — the yoga class you scheduled a week ago or going into office hours to talk about an upcoming exam you have? It’s important to prioritize events in your life and to place the most important ones at the top of your to-do list. As a student, classes should ideally come first. As a girl, that sale at Banana Republic could save you a lot of money just in time for Career Showcase at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center.

5. Take a break No one knows how hard you work more than you do. When you’re adding homework, lunch dates and study time to your schedule, make sure to also include some much-needed “me time.” Set aside some time where you can catch up on the favorite shows you’ve been missing or read that book you started in the summer but left unfinished. Plan a trip to the beach with your friends and spend the entire day basking in the sun. Taking a break from the busy schedule you keep is essential to keeping track of your life. Take some time at least once every week. You work hard, but you have to rest hard too.

Keeping track of your schedule is all about staying on top of everything you’re involved in. If you’ve taken on too much, it’ll show in your lack of sleep, your grades or your inability to spend time with friends. Be aware of how much you’re taking on, and hold back on the things you don’t think you can manage on top of your already-full plate. Schedule time for what makes you feel happy and fulfilled to stay on top of your A-game in school.

Alexia Fernandez is a senior at the University of Florida. A journalism major, she has been interested in films, books and pop culture since she can remember. An avid film buff, she hopes to one day write screenplays, make films and tell stories through as many mediums as possible.