The 12 Days of Finals at UF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The most wonderful time of the year may not be all that wonderful when the stress of finals week is added in. The only thing that stands in the way of you going home for Winter Break is the worst week of the semester: finals week. This week entails long nights spent at Library West, overdoses of coffee and all the microwaveable meals you can fathom. If you’re looking to take a study break (well, let’s be honest; you haven’t even started studying yet), then check out our spinoff of a classic Christmas song. I present to you: “The Twelve Days of Finals at UF.”

On the first day of finals,My professor gave to me:An overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the second day of finals,My professor gave to me:Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the third day of finals,My professor gave to me:Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the fourth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the fifth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Five back-to-back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the sixth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Six mental breakdowns,Five back-to-back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the seventh day of finals,my professor gave to me:Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental break downs,Five back-to-back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the eighth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Eight hours of procrastination,Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental break downs,Five back-to-back to cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the ninth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Nine thoughts of dropping out,Eight hours of procrastination,Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental break downs,Five back to back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the tenth day of finals,My professor gave to me:Ten visits to Club West,Nine thoughts of dropping out,Eight hours of procrastination,Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental break downs,Five back to back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the eleventh day of finals,My professor gave to me:Eleven Noles a-boasting,Ten visits to Club West,Nine thoughts of dropping out,Eight hours of procrastination,Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental break downs,Five back-to-back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

On the last day of finals,My college gave to me:Twelve pounds a-gained,Eleven Noles a-boasting,Ten visits to Club West,Nine thoughts of dropping out,Eight hours of procrastination,Seven trips to the Reitz Union,Six mental breakdowns,Five back-to-back cumulative exams,Four hours in line at Starbucks,Three noisy roommates,Two research papersAnd an overnight stay in Marston Science Library.

In order to celebrate the “Twelve Days of Christmas,” first you have to survive finals week. Bubble in some scantrons, write a couple of papers, pull a few all-nighters, and you’ll be on your way home for the holidays. Good luck, collegiettes. Now get back to studying!

Photo credit:www.joe.ie

Morgan is a public relations freshman at the University of Florida and is a new addition to the Her Campus UFL team. She recently moved to Gainesville from the small city of Deltona, Florida in order to embark on a new journey in her life. She is best described as a motivated individual who does everything to the best of her ability and likes to look good while doing it. Morgan is passionate about fashion, online shopping, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. In her free time she enjoys retail therapy, catching up with her friends and family, spending time outside, and cheering on the Florida Gators. 
Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!