10 UF-Themed Items We Secretly Want

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When living in Gainesville, there seems to be Gators-themed merchandise everywhere! From The Swamp style décor at the Oaks Mall to the most unusual Florida-themed novelty items, it is clear that Gainesville loves its Gators! Here are some of the unusual Gators-themed items I have encountered as a student at UF:

1. Thongs and Camisoles I have actually seen these cute underwear sets in multiple places throughout Gainesville. Both the UF Bookstore and Dillard’s at Oaks Mall carry them. The thong is available online for $25, and the set is available for $77.

2. Cologne and Perfume Who wouldn’t want their boyfriend to wear this cute school-spirited scent? And for a reasonable price of $39.50, it can’t be beat! I’ve heard from several sources that it smells awesome. Plus, rumor has it that ultimate Gator bachelor Tim Tebow even uses it! In addition, there is a perfume version for collegiettes™like you!

3. Pop-Tarts For a limited time, Kellogg’s released limited edition university-themed Pop-Tarts, including Florida Gators’ Strawberry. The Pop-Tarts featured a prominent Gator head logo on the center, sure to excite any die-hard fan. Unfortunately they are no longer available, but I’m sure you’ll find someone selling their stash on eBay.

4. Football Uniform Snuggie Although Snuggies are already undeniably amazing, the Gators football uniform Snuggie takes it to a whole new level. Whether you are eating, studying, or running around your apartment pretending you’re Jeff Driskel, this Snuggie is essential. It is available online for $30.99.

5. Wedding Cake Topper Available on Etsy for $70, this is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen! When I get married to my UF alumnus husband — because anyone else would be unacceptable — this cake topper is a must! It allows every Gator girl’s wedding to include the Gator Nation without becoming too gaudy.

6. Garden Gnome This irresistible little gnome is quite possibly the perfect present to get your Gator mom or grandma for Christmas. It is available at the UF bookstore for $24.95. Your grandma will be so excited to decorate her flower garden and brag to the neighbors about her granddaughter who goes to UF, or as my grandma likes to mistakenly call it, “FU.”

7. Shot Glasses You have the shot glass from your Spring Break cruise, the flag-themed shot glass from your study abroad trip to Barcelona, and even the shot glass on a Mardi Gras bead necklace from a trip to New Orleans. But do you have a Florida Gators shot glass in your collection? If you just said no, then you need to fix that right now. This is one purchase you will definitely use throughout your college experience, and you’ll be grateful you have it once you graduate.

8. Piggy Bank Many of us living on a college budget could definitely use a piggy bank to save some money. This Gators piggy bank will not only be useful, but also serve as a cute bedroom decoration! Also, you won’t go bankrupt after buying it online for only $24.95.

9. Rain Boots Rain boots are great because they are that one weird, wacky statement piece you can wear without being judged. These bright Gators-themed boots are just what every die-hard fan needs. With the unpredictable weather in Gainesville, they are sure to get plenty of use. They are available online for $39.95.

10. Wine Bottle Holder This must-have item combines the passions of so many girls I know at school: shoes, UF, and wine! Available online for $35.95, this wine bottle holder is hard to resist. It will give all you collegiettes™ another excuse to hold a girls’ night of crafting, gossiping, and wine drinking to show off your new purchase!

UF is undoubtedly one of the most spirited schools in the nation, and with that comes a whole range of merchandise. No matter how you choose to show your Gator Nation pride, stay spirited, collegiettes™! Go Gators!

Photo Credits:www.blog.hankypanky.comwww.masik.comwww.flickr.comwww.stoversliquidation…

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.