10 Thoughts You Have While Exercising

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCT chapter.

Okay, so,  you put on your running shoes,  applied some deodorant, made sure to bring your water bottle, all while mentally preparing yourself: Today is the day that I will workout. You’ve only been working out for a couple of minutes, and your brain starts wandering. Here are the top 10 thoughts we all have while exercising:

1. Why am I sweating so much? I JUST started five seconds ago.

You haven’t even started getting your heart rate up, but you’re sweating already. How is this possible?

2. It’s been five minutes already. Why haven’t I lost weight yet?

You’ve been jogging for five minutes and you still have not shed a single kilo? How dare your body deceive you like this?

3. If I eat a burger and fries after this, does this whole workout still count?

It’s only been fifteen minutes and you’re starting to feel hungry. You start thinking of all the delicious, unhealthy food that would definitely satisfy your hunger.

4. Am I using this equipment right? Okay, let’s just copy her. She looks like she knows what she is doing.

5. I’ve been doing this for twenty minutes, I must have more muscles by now.

6. I am sweating in places that I did not even know I could sweat in.

After you have been working out for a while, you start feeling very uncomfortable, because you’re sweating in places you didn’t know you could sweat.

7. I just want to stop exercising and go home, eat fries and climb into bed. But you just can’t.

You want to just go sleep in your warm bed, but you told yourself that you’re getting your life in order and you’re going to get fit.

8. I need water. Right now. I feel like I am about to die.

You’re getting into the rhythm and focusing on your workout, when all of a sudden you are extremely thirsty.

9. Yes this is my song. Cue the determined running and fist pump.

Your favourite song plays and you suddenly feel like you can do anything. Yes, it only lasts for a minute but at least you felt that feeling.

10. I finally made it through a whole half an hour of exercising. I am truly a warrior.

It is difficult to keep yourself motivated for a long time, but as long as you’re trying then everything is a-okay. Remember to do your best and everything will be fine.