Campus Celebrity: Rachel Bilchak

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

When Rachel is not in class, she can often be found on library walk tabling for one of her numerous clubs. She loves to be involved on campus and hopes to one day run her own non profit organization.

Name: Rachel Bilchak

Major:Public health and archeological anthropology

Year:Third year at UCSD

Extra cirricular activities:

Body image coordinator for Tri Delta, founding member of Girl Up, Camp Kesem Counselor, receptionist for RIMAC, founding member of GUIDE, former member of UConsent campaig and recently started interning at an anthropology lab

My favorite part of UCSD?

The beach. Also how driven and inspirational all the fellow students are

How have you grown as a leader?

I’ve grown as a leader by becoming more aware of the issues our generation is facing such as the gender inequalities and racial discrimination that plague our society

Why is it important to get involved on campus?

It’s important to be involved on campus because there is so much you can learn during your college years that you can’t learn from a textbook. This is your community and you should give back to it in any way you can. Also you meet really cool people

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I hope to either the CEO of a nonprofit such as the Red Cross or start my own nonprofit organization.

If you had 1 wish, what would it be and why?

If I had one wish i would wish for the ability to be in at least 2 places at once so I can attend all the classes and events I want. Or that college tuition was free haha

Advice for freshmen?

buy a planner and stick to it. It helps you manage your time and acts as a diary so you can remember what you did

UCSD '16 Political Science- American Politics Major