April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

April is Sexual Assualt Awareness Month, which includes plenty of events put on by CARE at SARC – our campus’s sexual assault resource center – and the Women’s Resource Center. One of their main events was April 21st and was called Take Back the Night. This was an opportunity for survivors of sexual assault to speak about their experience, and supporters to stand strong with them. There are a lot of workshops and events happening in the next week hosted by these centers so definitely be sure to check them out! These include the Circle of Truth in PC where you can pin a ribbon on a wreath to represent all victims we know of sexual assault and Denim Day to support the ending of sexual violence.

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.