This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Robert Zarasua

Age: 21 years old

Hometown:  I was born in Fresno and grew up in Cathedral City.  Many people don’t know where that is, so I just say Palm Springs.  I lived there for eleven years in the 120 degree desert weather, but I honestly loved it. 

Major: BioChemistry

Relationship Status: Kinda have myself a bae right now, nothing official….yet ;)

Celebrity Crush:  My celebrity crush has got to go to Florence Welch, the lead singer in Florence and the Machine. She has a very dominating voice and can carry a tune; she has a sense of humor and isn’t afraid to be herself

What are your hobbies?

I love playing volleyball, if I have the opportunity to play I will, if I’m invited I’ll go.  Other than sports I love to bake desserts, make cookies, and decorate cakes.  Usually you can find me in the middle of making a gift for my friends, I love making things personal and seeing the smile I can give someone. 

What excites you about being a Campus Cutie?

I think the fact that I can say I’m a campus cutie!  But I’m kind of interested to see if anyone would recognize me from this and let me know. 

What do you like the most about UCSB?

I love the sense of unity.  Everyone is so welcoming and inviting.  I smile and wave at random people a lot and they always smile back.  I feel that I can strike up a conversation with anyone.  If you happen to sit next to me in lecture, expect for me to say hi and have a small chat.  I love our campus and the students.  We know how to study hard and play hard.

Do you have a job? If so, what is it?

Yes, I am a Resident Assistant for Sierra Madre Apartments.  I love it! I oversee Nacimiento Village which is awesome.  It truly is diverse and I can always be surprised when entering each apartment.  I am also in the Army ROTC program and have been for the past four years.  Once I graduate I will be commissioned as an officer in the Army and the journey has been awesome.  I act as a mentor for the younger cadets and help run the program with my fellow senior class.  My end goal with the army is to become a Medical Doctor serving in the Germany hospital. 

Favorite Social Media app/website?

My all time FAAAVORITE social media app is Instagram.  Honestly, it’s the hashtags.  They crack me up! I love the various comedy accounts — I can be on Instagram for hours, it’s my addiction. I think what I enjoy are the throwbacks, I love making and documenting memories and think it’s cute to post them. 

Any extracurriculars?

I play Intramural Volleyball with a team full of my residents from my first year as an RA.  We have so much fun on the court and so many memories off.  It’s a great team dynamic and we have fun no matter what because for us, it’s all about enjoying it whether we win or lose.  If you ever see me on the court come say hey and pepper with us!  I am also apart of Theta Nu Kappa Multicultural and Academic fraternity.  They are truly my FAM. I love them and can always find support from them when life gets tough.

Where could anyone find you on a weekend?

Well it depends on the time of day.  In the mornings you would find me in the mountains or on hiking trails we have here in Santa Barbara enjoying the outdoors with a friend or two. If I’m not there then perhaps at the Bunny shelter.  If it’s in the evening you can see me having dinner with friends in Downtown Santa Barbara. And perhaps, later in the evening, show the DJ what we’re about on the dance floor of the clubs. 

Which quarter is your favorite?

I like winter quarter the most! It’s sweater weather and with bae…cuddle weather =) Not to mention the butterflies that come to the butterfly preserve in Ellwood. 

Lastly… coffee or tea?

For me, I like tea, unsweetened and warm.  The types of teas are endless and it helps get me through classes just sippin’ away with no crash – plus it’s relaxing and soothing.

Film & Media Major, #BlackGaucho, Senior, and writer.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.