Your Girl Scout Cookie Horoscope!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

You’ve seen those children and you know it’s that time of year again…since $4.00 a box is pretty steep on a college budget, you can’t buy every flavor Girl Scout cookie. Therefore, it is crucial to decide your favorite. And be careful, your choice says more about your personality than you think.

Thin Mints: You don’t mess around. You’re fresh and clean. When you walk in the door, people wish to be half as sharp as your crisp suit. When you want a treat, you want minimal crumbs, maximum flavor–a no-nonsense one-biter. You’re the type of person who wears sunglasses indoors and looks cool chewing on a toothpick.

Samoas (Caramel deLites): You are unpredictable. At first glance, you seem as pure and sweet as chocolate, but those who get to know you better can see your mischeivous (maybe even conniving) core. Duplicity drips from your smile like gooey caramel, and although you seem sane, you are completely coconuts. It’s wise to steer clear of folks like you.

Tagalongs (Peanut Butter Patties): You are a bit of an introvert. Shyly, you conceal your nutty side within a shell of what you perceive to be normalcy so as to avoid conflict or judgment. You are not one to put on a show and often make compromises in an attempt to please others, even if this means you yourself are unsatisfied.

Do-si-Dos (Peanut Butter Sandwiches): You are a child at heart. Some may say immature or naive, but let’s not be so negative. You always try to order off the kids’ menu even though you’re over 20, you love swings, and the closest thing to coffee you’ll drink is a Strawberries and Cream Frappucino.

Lemonades: You are so full of bitterness and resentment that you had to transition to elastic waistbands. You see the world around you as a cesspool of tragic imbecility, and no other humans understand your superior logic. You can often be heard muttering under your breath.

Trefoils (Shortbread): You are traditional. You’re into Beethoven, Mark Twain and seasonal world history exhibits. For breakfast you like lightly toasted bread with an evenly distributed half tablespoon of strawberry jam, and maybe a cup of Earl Grey tea if it’s going to be a rough day. You have multiple fireplaces in your home, and a Scottish terrier named Churchill.

Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!