This is it! The third and final phase of your all your hard work is here!
I personally haven’t got to this phase yet, but it is very rewarding and simple. We call this the consolidation phase. For each pound you have lost since beginning this diet, you will need to be in the phase for 5 days. The objective of this phase is to keep you from going back to your yo-yo dieting habits and gradually build your way into more ”normal” foods.
- Fruit: You are able to finally bring fruits back into your life at one serving a day. All fruits are allowed except for bananas, grapes, cherries, dried fruits, and nuts.
- Carbs: Say hello to carbs (but with caution, please) because you can now have two slices of 100% whole grain bread each day.
- Cheese: You are allowed 40 grams of any cheese per day except for goat cheese, Camembert, and Roquefort.
- Starch: Two portions of starchy products, except for rice and potatoes, are allowed each day. Whole-wheat pasta is a good choice for your starch to avoid a heavy meal. Continue having 2 tablespoons of oat bran a day.
- Protein: Lastly, you are required to have one pure protein day per week. Choose a day of the week that you will stay persistent on and that day will be your attack phase day.
And my favorite part of the entire diet… you are allowed two celebration meals a week! These meals can be anything you please (yes, go grab a slice of that pizza you’ve been craving since the first day of phase 1). But, with celebrations come restrictions. You are only allowed to have one serving and you must give yourself at least one day in between the two celebration meals.
Once your consolidation phase is complete, you will look and feel more fabulous than ever. In order to maintain all of your weight loss, you will need to commit to have one pure protein day a week, always walk or take the stairs instead of driving or taking an elevator, and eat 3 tablespoons of oat bran every day.
Congratulations, you beautiful Dukaners!