This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Vintage clothes can range from $1 per item to several thousands. Don’t let overpriced bouqtiues trick you into paying for overpriced vitage items! Here’s a list of the best places to look for your one of a kind item:

1. Flea Markets

Flea markets are the cheapest and most unique way to find vintage clothing such as bomber jackets, jean jackets, shorts, band t-shirts and patches/badges. The Rosebowl flea market in Pasadena is held the second Sunday of every month and you’ll be able to browse through tie dye t-shirts, bandanas, furniture, hammocks, sunglasses, toys, and anything you could possibly imagine. Prices range at any flea market and you can get Levi shorts there for $5 or $30! Make sure to haggle!!!!

2. Depop

Depop is a “millenial friendly” way to shop on an easy to use app. You can buy, sell and trade clothes by using the app! Many unique vintage stores have their own depop accounts so you can buy their clothes without having to travel to the store itself! Lots of bloggers and even celebrities own depop accounts so you could potentially buy an item of clothing from a famous blogger!

3. Etsy

Etsy is an online peer to peer website in which individuals set up shops and buyers can click, scroll, and buy vintage/handmade items! There are many handmade shops on Etsy and you can buy jewelry, clothes, and decor made by independent artists. 

4. Non Profit Stores/Thrift Stores

Non-profit organizations such as Goodwill are really cheap places to get used clothing, and sometimes you can even find name brands for $5! Savers/Buffalo Exchange are affordable thrift stores that sells second hand clothing. The men’s section of these stores are great if you are looking for oversized bomber, denim, and sports jackets! These stores are also great to stop by if you are looking for accessories for your Halloween costume or festival look, because you can find the cutest and most random items sometimes! Many people sell/donate unwanted clothing to these stores so the item that someone does not want anymore could be your next wadrobe staple!

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay