What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

You might be asking What Happened, Hollywood? Let’s get started…

1.      Karlie Kloss Trades Her Wings For Books

Victoria’s Secret Angel, Karlie Kloss, will not be renewing her contract because she has decided to pursue her goal of going to college! Taylor Swift’s BFF will attend NYU’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study – a college similar to UCSB’s College of Creative Studies. Karlie says she wants to major in Business and  one day successfully run her own company. How many models ditch their photoshoots for a library session? Not many! It’s refreshing seeing Ms. Kloss pursue these goals.

2.      Apple Diversifies

As popular as emojis have become, people realized that there just weren’t enough to represent everyone in today’s society. It has been revealed that there will now be same sex couple emojis and people of various ethnicities! Since emojis have become such an integral part of our daily lives, it’s no doubt that these new emojis will prove to everyone that yes – it’s just a skin tone and just a same sex couple. Good job, Apple *snaps of approval*

3.      Kylie Jenner Buys a House

Seventeen year old Kylie Jenner just dropped $2.7 mil on a new house for herself in a gated community located in Calabasas where sisters Kourtney and Khloe own houses as well. With her hair extension line, Steve Madden shoe line, Pacsun clothing line, and Top Shop line, she basically makes us feel like under accomplished 21 year olds. Oh yeah, did we mention she is seventeen?

4.      Giuliana’s “Joke”

Recently on the Oscar’s episode Fashion Police, Giuliana Rancic said a “joke” about Zendaya’s dreadlocks on the red carpet and Zendaya did not take it so lightly. Giuliana commented that it “looks like her hair smells like Patchouli oil” or “weed”. Zendaya wrote a mature response on Intagram and Giuliana took it upon herself to film an apology for Zendaya. Yes, Fashion Police makes inappropriate comments. Yes, Fashion Police needs to tone it down sometimes, BUT how would the world have reacted if the lovely Joan Rivers made that exact same comment? Would people have reacted the same? We think not.

Here is Zendaya’s response to the dreadlock joke: 

Here is Zendaya’s response to Giuliana’s apology: 

Click Here to see Giuliana’s apology! 

5.      Khloe Gets Fit

We all know Khloe Kardashian has struggled with her weight compared to her petite sisters, but look at her now! She’s been spotted going to the gym plenty of times to work with her personal trainer Gunnar Peterson for the past couple of months. She finally posted a mirror selfie showing her tight bod! Khloe was never “fat” but we’re glad she’s doing this the healthy way. You go, Glen Khlo Khlo!

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus