What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

You might be asking What Happened, Hollywood? Let’s get started…

1. Lady Gaga Is Engaged!

The time has come…Lady Gaga is officially engaged to Chicago Fire star Taylor Kinney. After Lady Gaga’s explosive rise to fame with her ecclectic style and over-the-top appearances, it is nice to see Gaga settling down. Here are some pictures she posted on Instagram. Let’s just say her ring is making every girl jealous right now! Congratulations, Taylor & Stefani! We know you’ll make beautiful babies. 

2. Demi Lovato Skin Care Line

Demi Lovato has come out with a new skin care line called Devonne by Demi. The real question is: how do we feel about celebrity created products? Are they real and honest or just for show? 

3. Amber vs. Khloe

It’s rumored that 17 year old Kylie Jenner is dating 25 year old rapper and father, Tyga. When Amber Rose was a guest for Power 105.1’s segment “The Breakfast Club”, she commented on their relationship with “She’s a baby, she needs to go to bed at 7 o’clock and relax. That’s ridiculous. [Tyga] should be ashamed of himself. For sure. He has a beautiful woman and a baby and left that for a 16-year-old who just turned 17.” In all honesty, Amber Rose does have a point but that’s none of our business. Of course, leave it to Khlo-Money to defend her baby sis. See for yourself what Khloe tweeted and the HILARIOUS straight-up-don’t-mess-with-me Instagram posts Amber fought back with.

Amber throws some shade at Khloe!

4. She Woke Up Like This

Queen Bey has once again proved to us all that she’s literally perfect. These are the unretouched photos leaked from her L’Oreal campaign in 2013, and they’re not disappointing at all. #IWokeUpLikeThis

5. Ultimate Frenemies

We all know how Kim Kardashian was given her first shot at fame, right? No, it was not her sex tape, that came after Paris Hilton was seen hanging out with her bff/closet cleaner/unofficial maid, Kim K. She appeared in The Simple Life a couple of times, some of which Paris was asking Kim to clean her closet and Kim agreeing to do so. After Kim Kardashian’s fame sky rocketted out of control, she was no longer seen hanging out with her “BFF” Paris Hilton. They are the ultimate Frenemies (friend-enemies), and Kim sparingly posts throwbacks with Paris Hilton on Instagram – possibly to thank her for everything she’s done for the Kardashian Klan.

6. Four, Five Times on Repeat

In case you didn’t watch the Grammy’s, here is the music video to Rihanna, Kanye West, and Paul McCartney’s music video for Four, Five Seconds. Enjoy!

Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus