These Signs from the SB Women’s March Are So On-Point

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The Women’s March stormed not just the nation, but the world (s/o to my peeps in Antarctica), making history as the largest single-day protest in U.S. history. Protests everywhere exploded way past the expected numbers – here in Santa Barbara, thousands of people showed up to the march, a number extremely larger than the estimated 500.

Right away, sign slogan standards were set by the main chant (“What do we want?” “Women’s rights!” / “When do we want ’em?” “A hundred years ago!”), but there were a ton of amazing signs and posters that people brought with them that stood out.

Here are some of the best ones:

#1:

Looks like there were some artists in attendance.

#2:

Fun fact: The back actually said “#Trump So Sad”

#3:

Because the idea that protesters are hateful beasts is laughable.

#4:

Get over it.

#5, 6, 7, and 8:

That Teach/Peace one is pretty trip. Also, note: the person holding the “March like a girl sign” is (probably) a guy.

#9:

With all the division in the country, reminders like this of what’s really important are key.

#10: 

Not 100% sure whether this is about women’s reproductive rights or rape culture, but seeing as both are huge issues…

#11 and 12:

Both of these signs are so beautiful, just like the messages.

#13, 14, 15, and 16:

I honestly don’t know which one of these is my favorite. (Also, can anyone translate the second?)

#17:

Probably the coolest part of the entire protest was getting to see all of the support from the bystanders.

#18:

There were actually a lot of children at the march, but only a couple (like this one) were holding up impactful signs like this.

#19:

That’s probably the cutest drawing of a body part I’ve ever seen, honestly.

#20, 21, and 22:

The top-right one especially hit me hard since there were a ton of people there who had been going to protests since the sixties.

#23:

100% true. (Let’s hope everyone remembers this in the future…)

#24:

As long as we’re not talking straight-up violence, I’m totally on board with this.

#25 and 26:

This crossword puzzle one is just a work of art, honestly.

#27 and 28:

There were actually quite a few signs that read “Girls just wanna have fun-damental human rights”.

#29 and 30:

Okay, here’s a really important message to remember: Trump himself isn’t actually what’s wrong with America today – but his rise to power is definitely an enormous wake-up call.

#31:

A special treat for all the literary nuts.

#32:

Basically.

#33:

Listen! To! This!

#34:

No mercy here.

#35:

Because, real talk, Carrie Fisher was a legend gone way too soon.

And finally…#36:

Because that might just be the most important message of all.

Tamara is a Communication major at University of Califonia, Santa Barbara. Having grown up in the Mojave desert, Tamara can't get enough of the dream weather and natural beauty of Santa Barbara. When not studying or working on her novel, she spends her free time listening to music, crafting, exploring the world around her, and settling into a corner with a good book.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay