TBT Playlist – Back to the Early 2000s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Okay, we all know that the early 2000s wasn’t exactly the greatest era for fashion (flashback to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake in those all-denim outfits at the 2001 American Music Awards). However, it was a pretty great time for music. To this day, I don’t know anyone who won’t jam out to “Hollaback Girl” when it randomly plays on the radio. So, let’s jump in a time machine and go back to the music of the much simpler time of our elementary and middle school years.

1. Sexy Can I – Ray J

2. Love In This Club – Usher

3. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani

4. Dilemma – Nelly

5. Jenny from the Block – Jennifer Lopez 

6. Señorita – Justin Timberlake

7. U Remind Me – Usher 

8. Meet Me Halfway – The Black Eyed Peas

9. Wait A Minute – The Pussycat Dolls 

10. Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado

11. Touch My Body – Mariah Carey

12. Cupid’s Chokehold – Gym Class Heroes

13. Ignition (Remix) – R. Kelly

14. Somebody To Love Remix – Justin Bieber 

15. Whatever You Like – T.I.

Sociology major at UC Santa Barbara. Passions include: Taylor Swift, fashion, FRIENDS, chocolate, Snapchat and sassy t-shirts.
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay