Taylor Swift Songs for Every Situation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I personally enjoy listening to music that reflects whatever mood I’m in. Whether I’m moping in self-pity or dancing with jittery excitement, music heightens the experience—especially when the singer seems to relate to exactly what you’re dealing with. And who is more relatable than Taylor Swift? It seems like that girl has been through everything and more, then written a song about it. In honor of the October 22nd release of Swift’s new album Red, here is a guide to some of her older songs to help you through a range of emotions you may feel this year:

Listen to these songs when experiencing…

A Happy Relationship

• Love Story
  • Today Was a Fairytale
  • Mine
  • Our Song

A Crush on Someone

• Hey Stephen
  • Enchanted
  • Fearless
  • Stay Beautiful

Heartbreak Due to Dishonesty

• You’re Not Sorry
  • White Horse
  • Forever and Always
  • Fifteen

Anger

• Should’ve Said No
  • Picture to Burn
  • Better Than Revenge
  • Mean

Unrequited Love

• Teardrops on My Guitar
  • You Belong With Me
  • Invisible
  • Speak Now

John Mayer Breaking Up With You

• Dear John
Phoebe is a senior at the University of California, Santa Barbara, majoring in Film and Media Studies. She is from San Diego, CA and loves spending time hiking and walking her dog on the beach. At UCSB, Phoebe is involved with her sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and loves to take study breaks by baking and watching reality TV. However, she is truly passionate about cats and Nutella (not together of course). After graduation, Phoebe plans to travel abroad in Europe and pursue a career in Public Relations.