Slower Songs to Listen to While Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Chances that if you are reading this, you are probably looking for different music to study with. With finals coming around soon, (we know! Isn’t it so scary how quickly time flies by?) We thought it would be nice to share some of the music we listen to. Usually when we are studying, we know that we feel super stressed like Spongebob running around a room screaming, but inside our heads. So we choose to listen to different music than, let’s say, what we would listen to if we were at the gym. While we know many people listen to very upbeat songs to make them feel more energized for the study grind, we work in the opposite way and listen to slower, more mellow songs instead. We feel like the slower/acoustic music helps us lower our stress and makes us feel like all our responsibilities aren’t piling on us nonstop. Usually we listen to Pandora or Spotify, or sometimes we just look for one song on Youtube and let it keep playing the next songs it suggests, but there are so many ways to find new music to listen to! Here are some of our recommendations and we hope you give them a chance! 

1. Tee Shirt – Birdy 

2. Can’t Help Falling in Love – Haley Reinhart 

3. This is What it Takes – Shawn Mendes 

4. All of the Stars – Ed Sheeran 

5. Little House – Amanda Seyfried 

6. Almost Lover – A Fine Frenzy  

7. Photograph – Ed Sheeran 

8. Landslide – Fleetwood Mac 

9. A Thousand Years – Christina Perri

10. Without a Word – Birdy 

11. Someone Like You – Adele 

12. Holding You – Dan Petty & Doug Petty 

13. Remedy – Adele 

14. Home – Gabrielle Aplin  

15. The A Team – Ed Sheeran 

SaveSave

Hello! Devonne is a fourth year Chinese major with an applied psychology minor. She loves to binge watch shows on Netflix, trying out new food, and writing her penpals during her free time. She has an obsession with being organized and the Container Store a little too much. She is also interested in learning more about watercolor painting and modern calligraphy. 
Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay