Perks of Meeting New People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

College… New environment, new people, new routines, new friends. 

As the school year comes to an end (yes semester kids, we quarter students are still here), let’s give some thanks to the perks of meeting new people.

You get to pick up on some new vocabulary…

If they’re not from the same place as you, you get free lessons on another part of the country or world:

Finding out you have mutual friends automatically makes you skip to level 3 of your friendship.

More followers on Instagram never hurts either?

And the more people you meet, the more plans you become part of…

When you see each other in a class you didn’t know you had together:

And when you somehow become BFFs and wonder how just a few months ago you were just new people to one another.

Cheyenne is a first-year UCSB student currently studying Communication and Environmental Studies. She is a third-culture kid who grew up in Dubai, UAE and therefore loves to travel and challenge the different social constructs that exist within our world. She enjoys writing, exercising, fashion, film, and is a total foodie. You can find her on Instagram @cheyennekab.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.