Perks of Living in IV Over the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

If you thought living in Isla Vista during the school year was fun, you have yet to experience IV life in the summer time. All the stress from the regular school year melts away in the summer sunshine and you’ll have ample time to explore! Here’s a shocker — you’ll actually have time for a beach day! But wait, there’s more: 

Great social scene minus the academic obligations 

The constant perfect weather 

Did I mention the beach already?

Summer Solstice Celebration on State St.

Emptier gym than usual 

Good vibes all around  

Naomi is a fourth-year, English major and Multimedia Writing minor at UCSB. She is originally from the LA area, but aspires to someday make it in New York as a web content writer. Cats, green tea and British accents are slight obsessions of hers.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.