Must-See Places to Visit While in Europe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Italy

The Coliseum and Trevi Fountain are absolutely beautiful, but there is so much more in Italy to see. 

1. Villa Borghese – Rome, Italy

The main villa is filled from top to bottom with Renaissance and Baroque art, and on its outside is surrounded by breath-taking romantic gardens. 

2. Villa D’Este – Tivoli, Italy

The completion of your Lizzie McGuire fantasy is only about an hour train ride outside of Rome!

3. Juliet’s Balcony – Verona, Italy

That’s right, this place isn’t just a myth from Letters to Juliet. Seriously ladies, there is no end to romantic cities you can find in Italy. Right next to a wall of love locks there’s even a statue of Juliet and legend has it if you touch her breast, you get good luck!

Ireland

1. Cliffs of Moher 

Whether or not you’re into nature, the Cliffs of Moher are a MUST if you visit Ireland. Nothing beats this view. If you’re staying in Dublin, there are tons of different tour busses that will take you at a relatively cheap price. Bonus: for a little extra, you can roll up to the cliffs by boat to get a view from the water! 

2. Guinness Storehouse – Dublin, Ireland

It’s just really so much fun. You get to see how Guinness is made, pour your own pint and a beer is included with the tour!

3. Literally any pub – Dublin, Ireland 

Temple Bar is the most well-known pub area in Dublin to get a drink and something to eat. I don’t think you can lose here. There’s almost always live music in the pubs, starchy food that’ll remind you of Thanksgiving and just a general fun-loving Irish atmosphere.

France

1. The Catacombs – Paris, France 

Sure, being surrounded by thousands of skeletons in underground tunnels sounds just a tad creepy, but it’s a completely new view of the city that holds the Eiffel Tower. 

2. Sainte Chapelle – Paris, France 

There’s no better place to get those scary skeleton images out of your head! The stained glass in Sainte Chapelle is incomparable to any other art piece in Paris. 

3. Eat Crepes Everywhere.

It’s life-changing.

Hungary

1. Ruin Bars – Budapest, Hungary

Pretty much exactly what it sounds like – ruins were turned into bars that are so much fun and so unlike any place you’ve ever been before.

2. Thermal Baths – Budapest, Hungary 

Best part of these is it really doesn’t matter what time of the year you go! There’s plenty of indoor and outdoor pools, all heated — the perfect place to relax after so many European adventures. 

Czech Republic

1. John Lennon Wall – Prague, Czech Republic

This is just a fun and colorful little spot to visit, ideal for a fun photo session and there may even be some live music by a guitarist or two!

2. Charles Bridge – Prague, Czech Republic

It legit feels like you’re a princess in a Disney movie. Why wouldn’t you want that?

3. Eat Chimney Cakes

You’ll thank me later.

Netherlands

1. Anne Frank Museum – Amsterdam, Netherlands 

Nothing will give you a more sombering yet eye-opening experience. Nothing.

2. Heineken Experience – Amsterdam, Netherlands

Similar to the Guinness Storehouse, the Heineken walks you through the process of beer-making, but with tons of fun activities, selfie spots and again, free beer!

3. Do a Pub Crawl.

Hostels will usually organize them/provide you with information and they are so. much. fun.

Sociology major at UC Santa Barbara. Passions include: Taylor Swift, fashion, FRIENDS, chocolate, Snapchat and sassy t-shirts.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.