In the past month, I have discovered a new brand of beauty products that are fresh, natural, and actualy work. I’ve always walked past Lush in the Paseo Nuevo outdoor mall on State Street, and wondered why they had giant blocks of soap with leaves and other odd materials in it. How could that possibly be good for you? Isn’t that like rubbing dirt on your body? My friend convinced me to go in one day because she was raving about this fantastic new face wash. As a beauty-product-fanatic, I nearly had a panic attack once I was inside the store—there were so many cool products to look at! One of the greatest things about this company is that you can test out virtually any product in the store, and they give you a ton of free samples. Beware of this trick though because after one little sample, you will want so much more! So, if you couldn’t tell, I love this brand of beauty and bath products. If you have never tried it or are curious to learn more, here are my thoughts on some of their products:
FACEWASH: It comes in big one-pound chunks; they shave off the amount you want and put it in a jar for you
- Herbalism: this is my favorite product from Lush, and the best face wash I have used by far. I’ve literally tried every face wash you can find at a drug store and yet almonds, chamomile, and rosemary seem to do the trick. I have normal to oily skin and this gives me a perfect, even skin tone and makes my skin feel baby-butt soft. Personally I think it smells kind of funny but the results are unstoppable. I can’t say enough good things about this product. Go check it out!
- Dark Angels: I don’t use this one every day but I love it almost as much as Herbalism. This face wash is made with coal, avocado oil, and sugar and is more for oily skin or people who are prone to blemishes. This one smells really clean and feels like it really cleans your pores, but it can also be a little rough. I like this one a lot because it’s different from any face wash you’re going to find at CVS and uses natural ingredients to get rid of blemishes instead of harsh chemicals.
LIPS: Tinted and plain lip balm in small tins; jars of sugar scrub
- Bubble Gum: This is a sugar based lip scrub that gives you super soft lips. The sugar helps to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin and the oils help moisturize for the perfect pout. And yes, your lips need moisturizer too. This little guy also tastes really good (its made from mostly sugar so its edible) so I don’t mind using it at all.
- Honeytrap: I always pair this lip balm with my Bubble Gum lip scrub for the smoothest, softest lips (aka before I go to hang out with my boyfriend). It just makes your lips look so healthy and plump, it’s really hard to resist using it all the time.
MOISTURIZERS: Various types of face lotions for all different types of skin
- Vanishing Cream: I only have a small sample of this, but I really like it. At first I thought it was too heavy for every day use, but now that I ran out I really miss it. Putting this on after using their face wash is a great combo for flawless skin. The full size bottle is around $30, so it’s kind of a toss up for how much I really want it (sorry I’m cheap - I usually go with a $10 bottle of Olay that lasts me a whole year). The girl working at the time was telling me that you age 15 days every time you don’t put moisturizer on and this one reverses those effects. Well played, but I’m still on the fence.
- Imperialis: I also just have a sample of this one and so far its just… meh. It smells really good because it has lavender in it but I don’t see any difference with this product. I don’t think I will be buying this one any time soon.
HAIR: Hair henna dyes; shampoo that comes in a brick; conditioners for all the hair types in the world
- R&B: This is a leave in conditioner that smells incredible. I always get compliments when I use it, and people ask me what perfume I’m wearing. I have fine hair so I think it’s a little heavy for me, but it sure does makes my locks look shiny and smooth. This would be great for someone who has problem hair of either frizzy, dry, or thick.
NEXT ON MY WISH LIST:
Buffy: body wash and lotion, and it exfoliates in one bar of soap! What’s not to love? And its super easy—just one shower and your done.
Solid Shampoo: why not? Although I don’t know how this will go over with my long hair…but for six bucks I’m willing to try it out!
All in all, this is my new favorite brand of beauty and bath products. I don’t even feel badly because not only are their products good for you, they are good for the rest of the world too. I felt that everything in the store was very reasonably priced. They have lots of products for just under $10! They also make really nice gift boxes and bags with combinations of products that are fun and can be personalized. I gave one to my mom for mother’s day and I definitely got some brownie points. Let me know what you guys tried out from Lush!