Kylie Just Officially Announced Her Pregnancy and The Internet is Losing It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

The wait is over, what we all knew to be true has been revealed! Kylie Jenner gave birth to (though no pictures have been released other than a slight glimpse at the end of her announcement video) an undoubtedly beautiful baby girl on February 1st, and announced it to the world 3 days later on Super Bowl Sunday!

Her post was beautiful, real and on her own terms. However, contrary to what was expected, her secrets and big reveal were not for publicity reasons. I mean, do they need more attention and higher ratings? I think they good. According to the Instagram announcement, she claims: “there was no gotcha moment, no big paid reveal. I knew my baby would feel every stress and every emotion so I chose to do it this way for my little life and our happiness.”  She also released a  video compilation of happy pregnancy memories via Twitter to share with the world.

Of course, even if none of it was for ratings or publicity, ratings and publicity are happening. Twitter goes wild with the announcement, even though basically everyone and their mothers knew about this pregnancy for months!

Congratulations Kylie and Travis and the rest of the Kar-Jenner Fam on the newest edition!

Images via Twitter

My name is Lauren MacDonald and I am the former campus correspondent and editor in chief of Her Campus UCSB. While at UCSB, I dedicated much of my time to Her Campus as I strongly believe in its ability to empower women to tell their stories. I graduated in 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)