IV Remembers May 23rd Tragedy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Hundreds of UC Santa Barbara students and other community members march down Pardall tunnel to commemorate the first anniversary of the Isla Vista Tragedy that claimed the lives of six students.

Nkechi Ikem is a writer for the HerCampus chapter at UC Santa Barbara. She is a second year political science major and plans to pursue a career in international law. Originally from the Sacramento area, she can't help but continuously remind people that the city is more than just a capital. In her free time, you can find her listening to the same song for an hour or reacting out loud to a book she's reading. She is present on almost all social media outlets, but her favorite at the moment is Twitter. Follow her @saymynameright_
Mya McCann is a fourth year literature student in the College of Creative Studies at UCSB. She currently lives in Bangkok, Thailand and is in the business of running BKK. On the weekends you can find Mya either in the jungle or on an island. On the weekdays she studies Thai and Buddhism and teaches English to sex workers in the red light district. You can follow her adventures on IG: MyaJoy