It’s Tyler Time!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Name: Tyler Hadley

Hometown: Mission Viejo

Year: Senior

Major:  Mechanical Engineer

What is your best UCSB memory?

A highlight of my UCSB career happened early this fall when my engineering class was tasked with building and sailing cardboard boats. I got to captain the boat with another teammate and paddle around Goleta Beach for a few minutes until we were struck by a rogue wave and sank. We came in second place.

Explain the engineering project you’re undertaking this year.

My team is designing an assistive walking device for stroke patients and people with cerebral palsy.

How has this project influenced or inspired you?

This project alongside other classroom and work experiences has influenced me to pursue a career in the medical device industry where I can actively make a difference in people’s lives.

What other activities/organizations are you involved in?

I intern at a medical device company in Orange County where I get to work on robots and other machinery that manufactures surgical equipment. In my free time I like to snowboard, play music with friends and enjoy the beach and lifestyle of Isla Vista.

If you could tell your freshman self one thing what would it be?

Go to late night at DLG more often, the swipes will be well worth it.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

In a stable and creative design job at a company that has a positive impact on the community, hopefully in a town even half as beautiful as Santa Barbara.

Brenna is a senior and global studies major at UCSB. Her goal in life is to be a comedy writer and the proud owner of an alpaca farm in South America. She enjoys sarcasm, wine and everything fine.
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.