Hyper Crush Rocks it in Santa Barbara

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Hyper Crush is making their way up the charts with their catchy beats and unique style. As their Glow Sticks for Breakfast tour was coming to an end, they made their way up north to our very own Velvet Jones in downtown Santa Barbara. 

Established roughly five years ago, Hyper Crush has gone from performing at low-key neighborhood lounges to high-end venues for huge crowds of fans. Their spectacular accomplishments are inspiring and admirable. They are unique in every aspect and particularly stand out to me because they genuinely love their fans and always make time for a meet-and-greet after their concerts. 

The band consists of two males and a female: Preston as the producer and keytar player and Donny and Holly as the vocalists. Together they create art unique to most mainstream music heard these days. Besides their amazing talents, they have a remarkable sense of style, not to mention Holly was just listed as number 3 in “The 10 Sexiest Women in EDM” (http://www.complex.com/music/2012/04/the-10-hottest-women-in-edm#9). 

Santa Barbara fans have been anticipating a Hyper Crush show here and were blown away. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to catch up with Donny, Holly, and Preston right before they rocked it on stage. Check out my interview and get to know this fabulous trio. 

Make sure you find them on Facebook, too!
Donny Fontaine: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=762305841
Holly Valentine: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=527903171Preston Moronie: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=748663189

Yassi transfered to UCSB in Fall 2011 and is earning her Bachelor's in English. Born and raised in Los Angeles, CA, she has always had a passion for public relations and writing. With an amazing experience working as an intern for a big PR firm in LA, she became inspired to ultimately become a publicist. She is the Campus Correspondent and Head of Public Relations for Her Campus UCSB and had the opportunity to have a filmed interview with her favorite band, Hyper Crush, on behalf of Her Campus. Her drive, passion and dedication make her eager to face new challenges and work her way up to becoming a great publicist!
Rachel is a senior at UC Santa Barbara and studies Communication and Global Peace and Security. Rachel is from a small, beautiful town in southern California called Palos Verdes. However, Palos Verdes is just one of the many places Rachel has lived. Rachel spent her childhood moving and traveling all over the world, living in places such as Indianapolis, Indiana; Santiago, Chile; Vienna, Austria; and Orlando, Florida. Rachel has found her heart and her home in California, choosing to spend her college years in sunny Santa Barbara. However, Rachel continued her wanderlust when she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain in Fall 2012. At UCSB, Rachel is an immensely dedicated and involved member of her sorority Kappa Kappa Gamma, where she held the positions of Panhellenic Delegate, Inter-Greek Counselor, Rho Gam, and a member of the Nominating Slate. Best Buddies, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is a passion of Rachel's, as she is their Social Media Coordinator as well as an active and proud member. As a member of the Lambda Pi Eta Communication Honors Society, Rachel is able to implement her prowess and affinity for communication and communication-related issues. When Rachel is not writing, participating in Kappa events, or volunteering, you can find her in the gym, on the soccer field, watching Modern Family, or cooking. Rachel's love for sports, food, and writing often times go hand-in-hand, as one may see in her weekly blogs. For the past two summers, Rachel has been freelance writing for the Los Angeles Times, and hopes to continue her career pursuit of journalism after she graduates. Rachel is elated to be a part of Her Campus's fabulous team and loves every moment of it!