How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day When You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be a lonely holiday when you’re single, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some great ways to spend February 14th as a single gal that will make you forget all about your love life (or lack thereof). 

Throw an Anti-Valentine’s Day party!

Get together with girlfriends to reminiscence about horrible dates, make fun of ex-lovers, and list all the best things about being a single pringle. Alcohol highly encouraged. 

Movie night!

Sit down with a big bowl of popcorn and a cup of hot cocoa and relax with a marathon of romantic comedies. From Sleepless in Seattle to Crazy Stupid Love, you have an entire night’s worth of options. Because let’s face it, watching people date on TV is way more fun than doing it yourself.

Treat yourself to a Spa Day!

Indulge in a DIY spa day with homemade masks, nail painting, and some yummy smelling candles. Take it up a notch and invite your other single friends over for a massage train! Add some chocolate and you’ve got the ultimate “me” day.

Make some cash money money!

Take advantage of all the suckers in love out there and earn some cash on V-Day! Offer to drive drunken couples home or babysit for a local family. It may not be the most fun way to spend Valentine’s Day, but then you can spend all day shopping on Sunday!

Go out with your friends!

Just because you’re single doesn’t mean you have to stay home. Grab your friends and go out for a fancy dinner or hit up some clubs in your hottest dress. Valentine’s Day is really just any other Saturday so go out and have fun, my single ladies!

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.